looking for cheap wine decanters

what do you use that are inexpensive?
thanks

can probably delete, just saw Christophers ikea thread. perfect timing.

I have a lot of decanters not dissimilar to those at IKEA, and also wider ones, and expensive ones, too -
I don´t see any major difference in aeration because the main oxigen gets into the wine when decanting.
The typical Barolo caraffes are simply for nothing, only bad to pour.

Most of mine (and I have many) come from thrift shops. I think people get them as wedding gifts and don’t know what to do with them.

Crate & Barrel has some decent ones at decent prices. I’ve also scored a couple of nice ones at Home Goods for $5 a pop.

GoVino

I love the 1L Erlenmeyer flask.

WT

I have some of these. I like them because the glass is pretty thick and I don’t feel like I have to be careful with them.

https://www.totalwine.com/accessories-more/accessories/glassware/bambeco-confetti-wine-decanter/p/176882920?s=501&igrules=true

Which cheap wines benefit from decanting? pileon

There is a thread that is active right now that discusses decanters IKEA for $1.49 each. You can’t get much cheaper than that.

Friends of mine who entertain a lot have picked up quite a few from Goodwill. (I found a nice one there recently.) One thing I like at their parties, with a crazy number of wines open, and multiple decanters going is each decanter is different. It’s much easier to keep track of which wine is which.

Go to Crate and Barrel. I think I have picked some up there for $10 or so, but this is a few years ago.

Yes! One does not benefit from matching decanters, particularly as the evening progresses.

Matching ones look less so, too. Your decanter shelf sounds like my clothing closet. [wow.gif]

TJ Maxx Homegoods. They have some relatively inexpensive decanters from time to time (eg. under $40).

We have juice carafes we bought at restaurant supply for under 5 bucks

There’s always the old trick of buying a bottle of Paul Masson, dumping the wine (or use it for cooking), and using the bottle.

I love these for measuring wine for one person consumption. Great for decanting too.

A carafe of that wine goes great with a $35 pizza pie.

Yes, 1L for one person consumption. I like the way you’re thinking.

The Mrs. found some at Goodwill this week (originally from Target) for 3.99 a piece with tag still on them. Had her pick me up 6 of them.