Ikea has a $1.49 decante/carafe that holds 34 oz. Great if you are having an event

Hi all. If you are planning a wine event and need a bunch of decanters, Ikea has an amazing deal on a 34 ounce glass carafe for only $1.49 plus tax. Although it’s not great for aeration of a wine, it sure does do the trick if you want to have a bunch of wine in decanters to do a blind or half blind tasting with masking taped numbers noted on the decanter. I have a bunch of them.

You don’t even need to waste time and drive to Ikea, as delivery is a flat rate of $9.99. So, for just under 30 bucks you can have 12 decanters delivered to your door step.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00342975/

Disclaimer, I have a Swedish fetish as I own 4 Saabs, all with manual transmissions.

Good for flower vase afterwards.

Those will definitely come in handy around the holidays when it seems we have lots of wine tastings/flights and my wife get’s tired of continuously washing glasses. Will have to pick some up.

Don’t know why this wouldn’t be good for aeration. Looks wider than many decanters I’ve seen.

Great deal. Thanks for posting!

You just beat me posting this lol. I bought 6 to do a blind tasting after I saw them being used at Ansonia Wines (Newton MA). Cost me double because I was too lazy to drive an hour to Ikea and had them shipped.

Quite serviceable, and you can just throw them in the dishwasher. And yes, they’d make excellent flower vases!
IMG_7381.jpg

Ha, you can throw one in the fireplace after a special toast for the ages!

I have lots of freebie glasses too.

You can also do this:
IMG_7382.jpg

If you decant your wine in there after using it as a flower vase, your wine will probably taste like off vintage Burgundy or Chinon.

Help me out here. So to keep them all running how do you even have time to drink wine-let alone decant it?!? [snort.gif]

That’s what the dishwasher is for! neener

They have a surprisingly nice decanter as well. They are a bit pricier in the us ($13 vs the £8 each I paid for them here in the UK). They offer quite a bit more surface area than the carafe referenced above. I liked them enough that I’ve got 3 of them.

Kevin, all you need now is a business card “HAVE WINE WILL TRAVEL” modeled after this one from the philosophical gunslinger in black - [cheers.gif] -Jim
have gun will travel.png

If you also use it as a chamber pot, the wine will be a dead ringer for Pegau.

Hey Jim, an appropriate update for the card:

Wire PalateIn
San Francisco

Idea was uncorked a while back and I reserved WirePalateInSF@gmail.com

I believe the image of the card is protected, so some changes required.

Old school, man, one of my Dad’s fav shows, mine too, except for the open insensitive, racism of the era.

Seems like the perfect item for when I don’t want to bust out the fancy stuff. Grabbed a couple and the $12.99 decanter as well.

Fixed.

Very cool! [cheers.gif]

Thanks for the recommendation. I just picked up 15 of them. I do port tastings once every 12-18 months, so these will be perfect for that.