Favorite mid-price lodging Napa/Sonoma

Current favorite spots to spend a night or two in Napa/Sonoma without breaking the bank? Not on a budget but luxury is not on the menu. Friend hitting town in October and has been awhile since I’ve been out that way. I searched some here and if I missed it…

But no itinerary yet, so anything Napa to Calistoga, Kenwood to Cloverdale probably in play. Just looking for a few ideas.

Thanks!

Tastings? Lodging? Food?

Vrbo is the way to go mid priced

Lodging. And vrbo, yes, have been successful that route myself. Thanks for the reminder. Kind of got away from them with their new fee structure but worth exploring for wine country I’m sure.

River Terrace Inn in Napa was mid-priced and in good shape when we stayed there…although that’s been 10 years now. They still send email promotions and the place looks as nice or nicer than it was then. Hopefully others who have stayed there more recently can chime in.

The Inn on First, Napa. BnB. The breakfasts were great!

Forgot about a nice B&B we stayed at, La Belle Époque, in Napa. Fairly priced and worth checking out.

Gaige House in Glyn Ellen is fantastic and probably qualifies as midpriced by Sonoma standards.

I’ve used the DoubleTree in Sonoma/Rohnert Park a half dozen times. It’s solid/reliable, although is suburban rather than wine country bucolic.

Not sure what your price range is but we’ve always enjoyed the Raford Inn B&B in Forestville. Great location for exploring Sonoma wine country The Inn sits on a hill overlooking vineyards, right near the Russian River. Very comfortable, great breakfast, real nice owners, happy hour on the deck and reasonably priced.

Please try to use a permitted B&B rather than VRBO/airbnb if at all possible. The proliferation of these sites has had a big impact on the local rental market and is making it more and more difficult for harvest staff (and even full time) to find rentals, as the majority of homes listed are illegal however the county can’t keep up with enforcement.

Renaissance Marriott property in Sonoma is nice and usually fairly priced during the week, depending upon the time of year.

+1

https://www.boutique-homes.com/vacation-rentals/americas/united-states/rivers-bend-guerneville-california/

Thanks!

This is the new hotel of a friend of mine in Santa Rosa. Pretty reasonably priced and quite interesting. I have not stayed there though so cannot compare it to other alternatives. https://theastro.com/

Any other suggestions here?

FOR ME lodging is a function of dining…don’t want to drive too far.
Healdsburg: Best Western Dry Creek…basic place with free breakfast…even a waffle bar!!

Friends of mine actually camped at a state park btwn St Helena and Calistoga…not recomended!
Windsor…lots of Radisson type places
Calistoga has some inexpensive places and you can always dine at Sol Bar
Yountville to St Helena: bring your black Amex card…the El Bonita used to be affordable…
In Napa The River Terrace has pushed $200 a night, as I recall…