TN: 2000 Robert Mondavi Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley

• 2000 Robert Mondavi Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley - USA, California, Napa Valley (8/20/2019)
    Cellared since release. Exceeded expectations for a 19 yr old $20 bottle. Plenty of dark fruits with leather and tobacco notes. Purchased every year as a cellar defender up until the 13 vintage. A very enjoyable finish to a nice evening.

Posted from CellarTracker

Not the reserve that is cellar tracker pic.

Once Mondavi sold the wine has gone way downhill. You have a reserve label. I assume you had the Napa as the Reserve for $20 would be a steal!

Your entry or the photo is wrong as it shows the Reserve. Nice note

Please indicate why, of all wineries, I think this had the very least disruption across the wines after selling.

2014 Robert Mondavi Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley - USA, California, Napa Valley (7/30/2018)
4 Napa Cabs at various price points (St. Paul, MN): Like most of these anniversary wines they make way too much and they underwhelm. Remember Caymus. Stewed fruits, earth, subtle oak and spices. Medium finish but lacks acidity. Drink now. (85 points)

14 was terrible. I tried the 13 and liked it slightly better. Loved the 07, 08s and 09 was not bad.

I bought these from '04 thru '07. I would say they over deliver for a $20 wine. Similar values from L. Martini, Berringer, Sebastiani and others in good vintages.

The 2000 vintage of upper-level California reds had been very cheap for a long while, because of difficult vintage conditions, but many have aged better than expected.

Try the 2015; far from terrible. Much better than the ‘14.

Jim will do.