TN: 2016 Méo-Camuzet Frère et Sœurs Bourgogne (France, Burgundy, Bourgogne)

Never had a Meo Camuzet, so I decided to give this a whirl yesterday.

• 2016 Méo-Camuzet Frère et Sœurs Bourgogne - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne (8/18/2019)
    Very enjoyable Bourgogne which far exceeds it’s appellation. The nose is fairly low intensity but what is there is gorgeous. Notes of dark cherry, Chinese five spice, herbal bitters, soil, and crushed rock. Despite the fact that this estate is known for de-stemming and some new oak, there is nice spice and very little notable oak. The palate is fantastic. The entry is sweet of red fruit, with elevated acidity. Blood Orange, Oregano, Chinese Five spice, and Powdered Ginger round out the mid-palate and finish. Tannin is low. Just a lovely Burgundy worth medium term cellaring. Nearly 92. (91 pts.)

Thanks for this, Chris. I have swooned over their 14 and 15 Bourgogne Blanc from their monopole. Splendid note, gives me such a clear picture.

Sante,

Mike

and I swooned over the '14 and '15 Frère et Sœrs Bourgogne. I somehow missed the '16s

Cheers,
Warren

It was the Meo 2016 that inspired to post the poll re “aging bourgogne” a few months back. I have 3 more will let sleep more per the poll: