TN: 2015 Booker "Fulldraw" Paso Robles

TN: 2015 Booker “Fulldraw” Paso Robles. This is a big Rhone blend of 50% Grenache, 30% Mourvèdre and 20% Syrah, that is over-ripe and unpleasantly sweet, with the subtlety of classic Coca-Cola mixed with concentrated grape juice. Others, who suffer from a lack of taste, may rate this higher. Gross. A street hooker in a bottle. Unfortunately, $60. 75 points.

The only compliment I can give this wine is that the alcohol is not hot. That said, this just isn’t wine to me. Its something that someone made in a lab.

Trying to give the wine due consideration, I filled a glass container with a full pour and covered it in the refrigerator with no air to revisit tonight. This “wine” tastes like it was made in a laboratory.

I like your dedication to how bad you felt this was. 3 posts…admirable.

Had to get my $60 worth. [cheers.gif]

In fishing multiple hooks on a line dragged behind a boat is called a rig [rofl.gif]

I didn’t think it was bad, but it didn’t impress me or tempt me to spend that much money on it. You might be happy to know that they no longer make this cuvee.

When I went tasting at Booker, while I thought most wines were good (but most not great), the only one that I loved and would’ve bought if they would’ve sold it to me was My Favorite Neighbor.

I was expecting more from Booker, but maybe the bottles that they didn’t offer during the tasting are better.

penny smart pound foolish