Turley Fall Release

Pesenti/Ueberroth are must orders for me.

Usually add in some Judge Bell as well.

Haven’t heard people talk about Salvador/Heminway- anyone have experience?

I’ve generally really liked Salvador, but recently had one of the 2014s and the fruit tasted stewed/cooked, which I’ve never noticed before. It otherwise tends toward the red fruits more than so comes off quite different to me than the Pesenti/Ueberroth.

The two must buys for me are the Library Petite and the White Coat. Enjoy them!

Old Vine, Salvador, Heminway, Judge Bell, and Ueberroth for me. Switching it up a bit this year from years past.

Old Vine is an easy buy. I really like the Judge Bell as well.

I grabbed one of most things and 3 OVZ

Order in … Ueberroth is one of my favorites.

This is definitely one of my bigger buys of the year. I know I can’t get it all but man they make some really great stuff.
Ended up with just over two cases. Two of the zins I either wasn’t offered or were already sold out (Whitney and Dupratt). Wish listed a few extra Ueberroths

Glad I checked in here this morning because I never got the notice, just the alert a few weeks ago. This happened a couple of years ago as well. Picked up a mixed case of PSs and Zins (Hayne, Pesenti, Ueberoth).

Likewise, I had not gotten a notice yet that the site was open, so this was quite helpful.

Ended up with a little less than a case of PS (all three: Hayne, Pesenti and Library), and Zin (Pesenti and Fredricks), with a wishlist of more PS, and DuPratt Zin.

Salvador is one of my favorites from Turley. The vineyard, with your classic gnarly behemoth vines, is sandwiched between new housing developments. Very odd site to see, nonetheless is classic Turley with gobs of preserved fruit, yet not over the top. Plenty of acidity to balance things out. Sit on it for a couple years and enjoy with some savory, fatty, salty foods.

So didn’t need to buy more wine, but can’t ever pass up on Turley. Great people-great wines…

I have a friend on the list who I buy from, but they haven’t received the offer yet. Any word on pricing?

Looks in line with previous years. Tell him to log into his account. I didn’t get a release email either. I logged in and the offer was there to buy.

Old Vines 25
Pisenti 38
Ueberroth 48
Fredericks 42
White Coat 35
Judge Bell 32
Hayne 75
Salvador 38
Hayne PS 75
Pesenti PS 38
Heminway 38
Dogtown 40
Library PS 42
Dupratt 38

Bunch of different variations offered this go around.

Thanks! OVZ remains a very strong QPR.

What do people think of the Turley whites? I’ve never had one before and am a little nervous it’ll be too thick and flabby, but I was encouraged enough by their description this time to give it a go with 1 bottle.

Wow there’s plenty new names there. It’s been about 10 years since I’ve bought Turley, and wines on that list I don’t recognize are Fredericks, Judge Bell, Salvador, Heminway, and Dupratt.

Have they stopped making any others, or are these simply expansions to the portfolio?

“Turley Wine Cellars makes forty-seven wines from over fifty vineyards” (!)

http://www.turleywinecellars.com/notes