Best place to buy Bordeaux futures online?

Where do you get your Bordeaux futures from?

https://concierge.totalwine.com/bordeaux-futures

They only require 50% down payment

second vote for Total. Prices seem fair and the 50% thing is kinda nice

more than nice, I think. If you got burned by PC or any other failure-to-deliver, the fact that your exposure is cut in half is a good thing (as is the size of the operation behind the purchase). So far, using Total has been painless, and you can also get the OWC without the extra shipping charges if you want.

There are other reliable stores with which I would not hesitate to do business, e.g., MacArthur, Calvert Woodley, K&L

That sounds like a great deal. Sadly total wine doesn’t have a store in my state and doesn’t ship here. Which is a bummer.

No love for Premier Cru? newhere

In the past I’ve bought from Zachys, total wine, sherry-lehmann, K&L, JJ Buckley amongst others

TW has a nice selection of sizes.

WineX was my main Bordeaux futures outlet for the 2000-2009 vintages (along with some from PC for a brief period), would be still if I bothered to buy that way any more (I’m backfilling these days). Never had any issues at all and they seemed to get the wines in early.

But WineX changed hands 5-6 years ago, right? Any more recent experiences?

1 Like

Used to buy from Total Wine but Michel has the best service and prices anywhere. Have switched all my buying to them https://michelthibaultwine.com/

Good luck.

Still mostly who I go through and still the most reliable.

I buy futures from Winex. Price is right and super reliable. Kyle and Triston are good dudes

JJ Buckley & B-21

JJB

Still good (and maybe even better)!

Zachys and Morrell

Not Sherry Lehman. They get the wines eventually, but the Canon 2015 arrived long after the 2016s. Same thing with 2014 futures.

Good store, like the people, but they seem to be playing futures differently to others.

I now use Total; competetive pricing and the 50% down is attractive.Through 2016, was using Gary’s, but they do not consistently offer futures, and, their customer service declined quite a bit in the 2015-2016 vintages with the loss of their primary Bordeaux guy. Back in the 80’s-90’s, I went with Central Wine Merchants; they no longer offer futures, however they do still buy, but essentially just put it on the shelf upon arrival at a cost only marginal above or competetive to the futures pricing; very fair. Order from MacArthurs periodically with excellent results. . Spec’s in Houston has An interesting program too, with good pricing right through their UGC tasting they host, which gives one a chance to taste them first (if in Houston!).

Never bought futures before. Are the prices shown on Total Wine per bottle or the 50% deposit required for 6 bottles?

I would be much more trusting buying futures from MacArthurs than from CW.

That’s interesting Howard. Other than the ancient sunk ship incident, is there any particular reason?

Bought some 2016 from Wine Exchange and Zachys.