Vino-Voyage TSA-Approved Wine Suitcase

Anyone have this and if so, any feedback? I`m looking for something to use for air travel beyond the Wine Check bag option to fit various sized bottles and ease of transport.

https://www.wineenthusiast.com/vino-voyage-tsa-approved-wine-suitcase

I like my vinguard valise.

I just looked it up and am liking what I’m seeing. Seems to do most of what the Vino-Voyage claims, but the price seems to vary and I’m not sure where it finally lands in comparison to the $300 for the V-V.

I’ve used the Pelican 1440 for years. You can get a foam insert but that only holds 8 bottles. I’ve taken 12 and even more. Just buy bubble wrap with the big bubbles and wrap each bottle well. I put a piece of styro on the bottom and usually jam a couple pairs of jeans or something in there if the case isn’t going to be backed tightly.

Agreed. Mine works well. The Styrofoam inserts could be a little better sized but all in all no issues.

Doesn’t Todd have a competitive product?

I have this and it kicks ass. Comes with a 6 bottle styro shipper inside but quickly converts to a 12 bottle shipper and can handle champagne and large pinot bottles. I’ve traveled with it with no issues, and holy hell it came in handy when I was moving and having to lug over cases of wine from the wine fridge.

Highly recommend, and really reasonably priced.

One of the best things about the Wine Check, apart from function flawlessly in terms of travelling and protecting wine, is that with 12 bottles the total weight is 49 lbs…no additional airline charges!

Same. A full case of 750ml non-champagne bottles comes to about 47-48 lbs with the VGV.

Are we talking the Grande model or the Petit? $300 vs. $350

1 Like

Grande model.

I use this too (Todd gifted me one). Best part is it stacks on your other luggage. Or in my case, you can stack two of these on each other. lol

I’ve never gotten more than 10 bottles in a VGV, ever, which is why we stopped distributing them at The Wine Check. A case of wine is typically 40-44lb, and the VGV is 13-14lb.

Vino Voyage (Wine Enthusiast) sent samples to us. It’s MUCH lighter than VGV, and I am able to get 12 bottles in there but JUST under the 50 lb weight limit, and no ‘reserve’ bottles. It’s more flexible than the Vingarde Valise, which is, and feels, more substantive.

The Wine Check is only sort of competitive with those, as the cost of a Wine Check is almost the same as the cost to ship one case of wine, particularly if it’s across the country, and not underwritten by the shipper. The hard cases are 4 times the price of a Wine Check, and serve different purposes with the ability to house clothing on half, bottles in half (that’s the only time I use them, either VGV or VV, when I have to bring a small number of bottles and some clothes, in one bag - I feel MUCH safer using The Wine Check for 12 bottles, and always have)

hmmm, I’m at Denver International airport right now - my VGV has already been checked in (Long Beach) with 12 bottles, same as every time, and it’s not over the 50lb limit; about 2 dozen+ int’l flights, too, all with same result.

fwiw, I used (3) different WineChecks for a decade, served a purpose, but was always a chore; the wheels/ pulling it when fully loaded was always a (balancing/stability) challenge. That said, I have probably flown with full cases in WineChecks more than 100 times, never lost a bottle; thankful for that, and recommended the product all the while.

I haven’t had a problem with the vgv being over 50 lb either.

I have one of the elite as well; it’s really good for moving wine around.

Seems like i better investigate the Wine Check more seriously. A friend has one and has offered to let me use it for an upcoming trip to the hot Midwest. Thinking that may help in making a final decision.

The other great thing about it is that, if you’re a plebe like me who doesn’t have fancy airline status and thus usually has to pay for his checked bags, you don’t have to make the Wine Check a piece of luggage on the leg where you aren’t transporting wine.

For example, you bring a case of wine along to drink on your vacation (because you’re a smart and non-superstitious person who realizes that travel shock is baloney), then you can discard the shipper box, fold up the Wine Check, and stuff it into your suitcase for the flight home.

Or another example, you fly to wine country, bring the Wine Check folded up in your suitcase, then buy a case of wine and a shipper box in wine country, check it as a piece of luggage on the way home.

Heck, even if you don’t have to pay checked bag fees, it still is nice just to have one less large piece of luggage on one leg of the trip if you don’t need it.

Same. I usually pack it with 12 bottles too. Most of the time from Napa

Same… never have had an issue coast to coast or internationally. My only complaint with VGV was my handle getting jammed after a year of use. On the bright side they sent me a replacement handle free of charge and hassle free.