La Pelle 2017

Due to the six bottle minimum, I passed on the 2016 Cabernet. Based on your experience with the prior vintage, what are your thoughts on the just released 2017 Cabernet? Thank you in advance.

Got this as well. I was kind of upset they didn’t change to 3-pks. I ended up sourcing my bottles from ACME last year. Will probably do the same this year.

Also bummed 3 packs aren’t an option, ended up passing.

Agree, I am passing as well.

Ditto.

Passed last year for that reason and will pass this year too. I would love to try the wine sometime.

Slightly off topic but their SB is one of the top Sauv Blancs we’ve had over the past year (That would include Realm, Aesthete, Melka etc)

Same…easy pass here. I emailed them last year and they stuck to their guns with the 6 packs.

If they offered 3 packs, i think we all would be buyers here.

B

Same.

Although, if anyone in the Los Angles area wants to split a 6 pack or offload a couple of the Cabs, let me know.

+100

Has anyone actually tasted the 2016 Cabernet lately?

I’m exactly the same… too much good wine out there to take a six bottle risk on an unknown (to me). Maybe someone should direct them to this conversation a dozen potential buyer opting out.

Same. Passed last year and again this year due to the 6 bottle requirement. Would buy if a 3 pack.

I struggle to understand the six bottle minimum from a business perspective. Given the level of interest I bet they would still be able to sell out if they offered an option of either three or six packs. Some who currently purchase a six because that is the minimum might downsize to a three pack but I bet you’d have even more buyers who aren’t buying today because of the minimum who would gladly purchase three.

It seems like as a business you’d rather have a larger group of buyers that you hope to expand over time rather than limiting yourself to a smaller buyer set. But what do I know?

Also need to start out by masking your product accessibe and having people taste and share their impressions… then if you’re having such an easy time selling you can increase the minimum buy (see Aubert, SQN). No one here is vouching for its quality

OTOH they may sell out and not need the extra enthusiasm generated by this board (same examples)

I am headed to Napa first week of Sept and have a tasting set up with them on Sept 6th. Will report back after the trip.

I ordered a bottle of the 2016 at Press in May and thoroughly enjoyed it. I had tasted at MacDonald that afternoon however so while a great wine, it was outclassed by the MacDonald 2016 significantly. I was impressed as that was my first Lapelle wine, while young it was delicious and paired well with the steak and also the Bacon curtain!

Any way to buy a bottle or 2 of the Sauv. Blanc?

Acme usually carries it by the bottle after they release.