TN: 2012 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Meursault 1er Cru Charmes

• 2012 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Meursault 1er Cru Charmes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault 1er Cru (8/13/2019)
    Showing fantastic right now…that classic PY cool sea breeze freshness and lemon lime blossom florals…limestone chalk dust and saline minerality that white burg does best. The richness of the vintage shows…quite tropical in fruits, some banana skin wax, exotic white honey…but also has plenty of verve with citrus cut and crushed stone minerality. Wonderful concentration and focus…well integrated vanilla barrel spices, match strike, hazelnut…finishes long with lingering lemon, spice cookie, and chalk dust. Drink this ALL DA! (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

sounds great—and I see some empty slots in those racks, Buzz!

Nice note, I’ve been really enjoying the 2012s from PYCM, he does so well in the riper vintages. His 12 CC is spectacular, here’s a note from a couple of years ago:

9/27/2017 rated 94 points: Popped and poured into a decanter to consume over a 1 hour period. Wow the nose on this wine is stunning, just beautiful with flint, minerals, spice, lemony fruit and a touch of white flowers. The palate is still quite young, not at all like most 12s in that it is tight and relatively spare, with welcoming acidity and a rich palate infused with lots of dry extract. Stellar. (1484 views)

Been on a more drink, less buy diet. First child heading to college in fall. :astonished:

Happens to the best of wine buyers…I was there once.

Totally agree. Really love his 2012’s and the CC is spectacular.

Thanks, Brad, I haven’t started on my GC and 1er cru PYCM wines yet, but maybe I should.

is that why we haven’t played in awhile? we’re long overdue my man.

hope you and the fam are well.

[cheers.gif]