Hi everyone in Boston

New to the board and new to Boston. I am looking forward to some great wine experiences and will cross post in the event planner to find out more about tastings.
My passions are Pinot Noir, Zinfandel and Craft Beer.
Thanks again

Hi Diane, welcome to the board. I live the exact opposite side of the country in California so our paths may never meet but I enjoy similar stuff as you, pinot and craft beer are a fave of mine :slight_smile: Cheers!

Welcome Diane!!

Thank you, maybe we can do some craft beer trading? I am a big fan of Monkish and I understand there is some major league craft beer in the Boston area.

I moved to Boston recently myself. You’ll find some threads already on here introducing a lot of the members and good general info on the area. I’m sure Kevin and Alicia will chime in with a lot of good info for you as well.

PMed you…

I must have missed this thread earlier. I don’t live in Boston, but I was remiss in not welcoming you to the Board, Diane. Glad to have you posting!

Not sure where you are posting up but Gordons (DTX and Waltham), Federal Street Wines (for the older stuff) and Brix in the Financial District should be able to keep you hydrated.

Welcome to the city!

Welcome,

Wine is my thing, but craft beer is a contender.

Please note that Portland is the craft beer capital of the east coast. Of course it’s also the craft beer capital of the west coast, but we’re not going there. I admit that Boston has a few good ones.

Eclectic tastes: Pinot Noir and Zinfandel are at pretty opposite ends of the spectrum. That’s a good thing.

Dan Kravitz

Welcome, Diane, to Boston and to Wineberserkers! I’m sure Kevin can help to keep you up on some local happenings. I’ve been out of the loop for a bit with two small children at home, but I’m sure we will meet at some point and open some nice wines. BYO situation in this area is pretty bleak, but we do alright considering the challenges. Even if it doesn’t happen in this thread, you can probably figure out how to trade some Trillium/Treehouse/etc. for beers from other areas. An occasional trip to Portland, Maine, and possibly some other towns to the north can help a lot with that too.

Welcome to the board!

Welcome to the forum, you’re in a good spot to love wine and Boston has a great group of wine geeks.

Welcome Diane. You have my sympathies for being in Boston. But you should be able to find a decent group of people to have some good wine with. And of course if you travel to any other cities, post where you’ll be and maybe a group of folks will gather in your honor.

And best of all, you’re in luck!

Check out this thread! If you like Zin, there’s one for $200 coming up. They went and got a French wine maker because there’s no Zinfandel in France. Yum!

Anyhow, looking forward to your input. [cheers.gif]