2017 Arterberry Maresh, Dundee Hills, PN and Ch and OV PN added

This year I decided to give Oregon another serious try. The last effort was 15 years ago and ended in failure. This time I’m convinced that this is the area where the majority of my PN will come from in the future (Rhys is actually the only CA producer of PNs on my radar these days). There are some amazing value wines and I hope some of the pricier stuff will be even better.

These wines were no exception and $27 from K&L!

The Chard was crisp and lively, like a Gravenstein apple. Still a little taut to show much, but refreshing.

The PN was almost too easy to drink. Wonderful light translucent color with a huge that is just a tad darker than a Tavel Rosé. At first enticing aromas of wild strawberries and red currants, then after air some deeper element of forest floor and mushrooms. Palate is seductively well balanced right now. I would have expected more acid, maybe it was there but was hidden under the fruit. Not at all heavy, though, as the palate was light/medium weight. Delicious! Looking forward to trying the Dundee Hills OV version later this week.

So I’ve now also just tried the 2017 Dundee Hills OV Pinot. Quite a bit different from the regular Dundee Hills PN. Deeper and more complex for sure, also firmer, esp on day two. I should try this in one go after a good decant when someone else is around.

2011 AM Juiliard at Thistle was my epiphany wine from Arterberry Maresh. The Chardonnay is also top notch.