TN: 2008 L. Aubry Fils Champagne Premier Cru Aubry de Humbert

• 2008 L. Aubry Fils Champagne Premier Cru Aubry de Humbert - France, Champagne, Champagne Premier Cru (7/20/2019)
    This was opened and tasted at a party. So this note isn’t meant to be detailed, but more of an impression. I was really pleased and this reminded me a lot of the 2006 of this wine but with a bit more tension and restraint. There’s enough structure and acidity to believe that this wine will age well for the mid-term. This is one of the better Champagne values out there that’s still under $75.

Posted from CellarTracker

I had a very boring bottle of this, but judging from your note (and every note on CT), I had an off bottle or caught it at a grumpy moment.

Cheers,
Warren

Thanks for the note, I have a case tucked away and haven’t tried any yet. Might give it another year or two.

Thanks for the fine TN, Kirk. From this past May, just the NV bottling:

"Aubry de Humbert NV Champagne

On the very crisp and crystalline side, which softens a little with air, there is authority here and quite the nice long spine. I might want a little bit more fruit, but it’s not absent. Very refreshing champagne."

Mike, thank you for sharing!! I didn’t know they had a NV of the Premier Cru Aubry de Humbert bottling.

I am pretty sure they do not.

You guys are probably right, but I didn’t note down a vintage if that is the case. Sorry for any misperception if such is true.

No problem at all, Mike.

I think this is a very interesting bottling that shines in strong vintages. It probably deserves more attention.