TNs: 2017 Myriad Cabs, Napa Valley and Round Pond

• 2017 Myriad Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley - USA, California, Napa Valley (8/9/2019)
    Haven’t seen any notes on this wine yet so hopefully this will be helpful. Picked up my wine yesterday and decided to Pobega a couple that haven’t been covered in the forums.

Pop, pour, 3+hrs in glass.
Pours dark crimson red. Nose loaded with tobacco, cedar and cassis. Texture is dense and viscous with ample dark fruit and chocolate covered coffeee beans followed by a wall of sweet tannins. Very chewy. Prototypical Myriad Napa Valley.

• 2017 Myriad Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Round Pond Vineyard - USA, California, Napa Valley, Rutherford (8/9/2019)
    Following up the Napa Valley with this Round Pond. 3+hrs in the glass after pop’n’pour. This one pours redder than the Napa with a purple tinge to the rim. Earthy Rutherford nose of cigar box and damp soil after the first rain. Lighter texture as well with a more traditional Napa Valley fruit profile of dried black cherry and red currant pushing up against powerful enamel stripping chalky tannins. Wonderful balance, silky and structured, tannic finish lingers for minutes.

Posted from CellarTracker

Round Pond sells fruit to Myriad?

I got two more hits at Cellar Tracker: Davies & William Knuttel.
round-pond-vineyard.png

Thank you for the early look at these wines, Brian! Have you had the '17 Three twins or Steltznernyet?

Opening a 2012 Dr Crane tonight

Sherri, last time I tasted any of these was out of barrel maybe 12 months ago and while they were all great they are rarely indicative of what the final wine will be in bottle. Chris Simms has some recent notes on the Steltzner and Three Twins on Cellartracker though. [cheers.gif]

Thanks for the peek at these, Brian.

Mike’s 2012 Cabs really seem to be in a nice place - had a Quivet Pellet last week, total smoke show.

I’m intrigued by these wines, especially the base Napa valley. However, the shipping charge for a three pack seems overly steep.

Agreed, really want to try out a 3 pack but shipping is steep. We’re in the Bay Area, does anyone know if they allow pickup?

whatever the shipping cost is, divide by three, add it to each btl, and now you got free shipping and still a great wine at a great price :slight_smile:

champagne.gif

Nice to see the update on the ‘12 Pellet. That was my favorite of the ‘12 Quivet cabs when it was released, but I haven’t had one in about 3 years. I’ll check in on one soon based on your note, Alex.

Did you buy the 2012 Myriad Cabs too? If so, I had the 2012 NV last month - still a bruiser but vastly more approachable and just delicious.

I did. I had my first ‘12 Myriad NV cab in May and thought it was good but would benefit from a little more time in the cellar.

That was ultimately my impression as well, although last glass poured after it received a few hours of air was certainly the best.

Just tasted the 17 TT and Steltz and they were very good although I preferred the TT by a slight bit.

Hi Jeff, yes they allow pick up so you can schedule a visit with Leah if you like and take home your wine. They will be sharing a tasting room right in the middle of Yountville that should open later this year.