TN: 2013 Siduri Pinot Noir Castro Vineyard (USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast)

• 2013 Siduri Pinot Noir Castro Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (8/9/2019)
    Wow does this punch above its price point. Dried flowers on the nose, sweet fruit, menthol and spice on the palate. Full bodied RRV pinot, with a lovely saline finish. It all comes together perfectly.

Bummed to see 2013 was the last vintage of this vineyard from Siduri. Whatever happened to Castro Vineyard?

Not sure it was the 2013, but was on job trip to Vancouver last year and Siduri PN was pretty much all we drank at hotel bar for that week. Excellent wine.

The last 3 nights I’ve been enjoying a bottle of the multi vineyard blend 2013 Siduri PN [Sonoma Coast] which shows cola, rhubarb, and then that seaweed OP alludes to. I picked this up at a winery visit maybe 5 years ago, and it harkens back good memories. The nice aspect to their wines is that they are fruity + gluggable enough for friends/visitors who are not into wine, yet they hold enough charm for wine enthusiasts too, although leaning toward the ripe side. I would note this was tight day #1, perhaps too warm, and had reduction under screwcap, but then it blossomed on day #2. The last splash today tailed off a touch. Depending on how much aging one likes on their wines, I would not have concerns about giving this a few more years, but its very balanced today. For context, I tend to favor most wines with 5-20 years of age, except for bojo (better younger) and porto (better older). Sometimes my supermarket has the Siduri regional blends on the shelves, now that they are part of the Jackson distribution machine. B+ in my ledger and good value.

Yep, that guy Siduri sure knew how to make a good Pinot!!! [rofl.gif]