Just hit the 1K milestone

Just hit 1,000 bottles of inventory in CT after buying a few mags from Envoyer today. Not sure if I should head down the mountain or keep climbing. Storage bursting at the seams…time to join the Wine Watchers monthly reduction plan on the other thread?

Which direction were you going? I’ve been over that for a long time but it’s kept kind of steady, although we’ve had to up our weekly consumption.

I’m on the way up. First time at this amount.

On behalf of the Over-Indulgence Committee (OIC), I approve wholeheartedly.

Such a bad influence. Your post is Ovid the top!

I’m on the way up. First time at this amount.

Perfect. Stop, look around, take in the view and keep climbing! [cheers.gif]

It’s like making your first million. The second is much easier. 2k by close of year.

OIC Chairman

Dude, that is a lot of wine. At some point, are you concerned your palate is gonna shift? Will you have bottles you may not want to pop into anymore?

Congratulations.
That is a large quantity of wine. I hope you get to enjoy every bottle, shared with family and friends.
But not all at once. Please, take your time.

This is exactly why I don’t buy in large quantities, unless the wine is really that special (which is rare). Even when I buy 50-100 bottles over a moderately short period of time, I still end up with plenty of bottles that I’m not too excited to own, no matter how reasonable the purchase seemed at the time.

1,000 wines can be awesome for OP. Unfortunately, I’m just too fickle to be happy. [cheers.gif]

Why would this happen absent some medical emergency? I’ve been drinking wine for over 30 years and still look forward to drinking the earliest wines I purchased for aging. I’ve learned about more wines over the years, but that’s just like having more girlfriends. Doesn’t mean you have to give up your first love. flirtysmile

Second!

All in favor say Aye . . .

AYE.

Who has two thumbs and thinks you should keep buying more wine…
download.jpeg.jpg

I fought a good battle for a while and lost so welcome to the club [cheers.gif]

On a serious note, it literally happens so fast. You get get on a few lists, actively/obsessively check this site, click your heels, and there’s no looking back.

And I can whole heartedly say that I have:
OG2hHwW.jpg

Nice work. I also just hit the 1k mark in the last few months…

To the previous note about shifting palates, you never know, but I figure if you’ve been drinking wine long enough your palate has generally settled. For myself, I’m almost 20 years into collecting, drinking and learning about wine and I definitely had a palate shift towards the old-world more AFWE side of the spectrum at some point earlier on. Hopefully by now it’s a done deal and any further shifts are more subtle…if not, though I don’t plan to sell my wine (maybe my kids will) that’s always an option.

I would go on a massive bender if I were you.

you gotta stop buying crappy wine.

1000 wines at Fu pricing is 500k!

#baller