TN: 2017 Birichino Malvasia Bianca

First time with this wine and I really enjoyed it! Highly aromatic floral nose that I could spend all night with. On the palate, delicious and Intrguing mix of bitter citrus and herbs with a really sensual, oily/waxy texture in a medium bodied frame. Unique and distinctive. No experience with this wine but I feel like it will drink well and possibly improve over the next 3 to 5 years. Good stuff - I’ve been impressed with most Birichino offerings that I’ve tried!

[media] Rich Brown on Instagram: "2017 Birichino Malvasia Bianca First time with this wine and I really enjoyed it! Highly aromatic floral nose that I could spend all night with. On the palate, delicious and Intrguing mix of bitter citrus and herbs with a really sensual, oily/waxy texture in a medium bodied frame. Unique and distinctive. No experience with this wine but I feel like it will drink will and possibly improve over the next 3 to 5 years. Good stuff - really enjoy most Birichino offerings!" [/media]

Nice note Rich. After a recent tasting of Croatian Malvasia this bottle of Brichino Is on my radar. Though not exactly the same grape it looks like the Birichino has similar flavor and structure characteristics.

Tom

Thanks Tom!

Yep, I’d say its definitely worth seeking out! I cant compare to Croatian offerings unfortunately but this was a really tasty/unique wine…especially for $18!!

Earlier this year we were gifted a 2016 Birichino Sparkling Pet-Nat MB. We saved it until soft shelled crabs came in season. From the wines we normally drink this is a unique wine. The bubbles really accentuated the floral character and made for a nice pair with fried crabs… EnoViti: Bon Voyage with 2016 Birichino Pétulant Naturel and Soft Shelled Crabs . Need to find the still version to try. Thanks for the TN.

Nice Gary! Would love to try this Pet-Nat style. I’ll definitely be on the lookout for that one.