Domaine la Fourmone

Has anyone here tried the wines of this domaine in Vacqueyras? This was a really random find for me driving around the Ventoux. I tasted through 4 cuvees, from 13-17 euro per bottle and all so fresh, pure, lively, delicious I was stunned by the QPR. Probably not agers but if I could get these in the states I’d be buying them by the case at twice the tab.

Daniel,

Yes!!! The 15 Cuvée Fauquet was rec’d by the ever reliable Eric P at Sec wines in PDX, delicious and amazingly fresh, all the more so for being a 15. I think it set me back $23 or so. Real Character here.

Daniel, I agree: these have excellent QPR. I have the 2015 and 2016 Le Poète. They also have a gigondas “le Secret”, haven’t tasted that one yet though. Here is my tasting note for the 2015 “Le Poète” (tasted March 19, 2019): Grenache/Syrah blend. Dark berries, barnyard and dusty spices on the nose. Nicely concentrated cherry fruit flavors but with an overall feel that remains light,no jam. Good balance. Very fine tannins and spice towards the end. The QPR on this thing screams crazy value. 92++

Fourmone makes very good wines. I happily drink them in restaurants in the area of Vacqueyras. I think there are plenty of better wines for a couple of euros more though.