TN: 2013 Ceritas Chardonnay Pinnacle Vineyard

• 2013 Ceritas Chardonnay Pinnacle Vineyard - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Santa Cruz Mountains (8/8/2019)
    12.6% abv. Pale straw, expressive aromas. Apple, pear and a touch of key lime highlight an intense, complex and highly nuanced palate impression. Exceptional depth and length. Grippy with savory overtones. This outstanding Chardonnay appears to have years ahead of it. (97 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

So poised, focused and graceful. One of the best Chardonnays I’ve ever tasted.

Wow. Very nice note and score. I see some on wine-searcher…like I needed a reason to buy more wine. Thanks a lot.

Popped and poured. Followed over a variety of temperatures in Z Bordeauxs. All sorts of lemon, lemon curd, seashells, fresh wheat grass, green pear, salt air, and the faintest of musty almond beguile the senses. The acidity, salinity and chalkiness speak volumes as to its pairing application and palate experience. A truly terrific wine. As it warmed, it lost a bit of acidity and gained some tropical flavors and aromas. This transformation suggests its zenith. I would not hold these much beyond 2-4 years as it is drinking so well. (this is strictly per my palate and preferences). I would also suggest implementating a variation in serving temperature to discern what you like. For us, it was served at a slightly chilled temp.

wow.