Amazing Champagne [worship.gif]
One of 4 singlevineyard Ambonnay/Montagne de Reims cuvees
https://www.instagram.com/p/B03fNWVnLyl/?igshid=x7ka3vmqaxdy

Thanks! For making my wallet thinner, that is [snort.gif]

You are welcome
As far I can see the 4 recently released cuvees are selling out quickly pileon
I will enjoy the aerated rest of the bottle tonight
More praise to come, I am sure champagne.gif

Claus, thanks for the note. All of my 2014s are still on pre-arrival. I ordered about 2 cases across the Marguet range, including Le Parc, which I am eager to taste.

Any idea of their single vineyards other than Le Parc and Les Crayères?

La Grand Ruelle and Les Bermonts, no? One is Pinot, the other is Chard.

any notes on 14 Ambonnay Rosé?

Apparently there is one called Les Saints Remys as well. Damn I need to try all of these.

Thanks, Claus. My '14’s are still on pre-Arrival, and they represent my first dance with Marguet’s wines. The Le Parc is the one I’m most looking forward to.

Ikka, I have no idea what that cuvee is. I have been active in buying Marguet (and visited Benoit last year) and I have never run into that bottle. Hell, even up to what seemed like the 2014 vintage, I am not certain Le Parc was made in 750s.

I wish Benoit would update his website. For all the money they spent on the physical winery in the village, if he could just spend some money to upgrade his website. It’s really not great.

Here is some info (a Google translation from French):

The 2014 Les Saints Rémys cuvée produced by Benoît Marguet is a certified organic Blanc de Noirs champagne that combines superb fruit notes with great tension. It is a champagne aperitif that will also find a good resonance on gourmet dishes.

Saints Rémys 2014 is the first vintage of this parcel vintage imagined by Benoît Marguet. He decided to isolate this vineyard plot from 2014 seduced by its expressiveness and singularity.

The Saints Rémys is a plot planted only in Pinot Noir and located on the Grand Cru soil of Ambonnay in the Montagne de Reims.

It is a champagne aged 9 months in oak barrels before being bottled and spend at least 4 years in the cellars of the house.

This wine is not dosed in order to let the terroir show at best.

It is a rare cuvée, only 2446 bottles were elaborated.

These are the ones available for me in just released 2014
IMG_20190809_140541.jpg
IMG_20190809_140637.jpg
This afternoon I am enjoying the last of Le Parc. It was opened 48 hours ago. Still with impressive mousse and fantastic Chardonnay notes. The 2014 craziness is gone though

Wonderful
Gorgeous
Extraordinary
IMG_20190809_174417.jpg

Damn Claus, that’s cool you can already get the 14 Ambonnay into your glass. Very cool. Still not a single note in CT yet on the wine, FWIW.

I need to do a little checking to see if we can scratch up some of the Les Saint Remys.

As Marguet gets increasingly more visible, I wonder how long his stuff will stay under $100.

That looks so good! Marguet rose is sooo awesome!

For how long as Marguet been no sulfur? I have to admit, that does scare me a bit.

Graf, not everything is sans soufre. Some bottles I still own have some sulfur measurements above zero. I’ll have to look closer, as I have been buying the wines only for 3 vintages.

[drinkers.gif] True
It is awesome Rose
Even better day 2
IMG_20190810_153646.jpg

Claus, for crying outloud, you’re killing me here.

Marguet’s 2014s are very, very good across the range. At the village level, the Chouilly and Cramant are both really nice and the Avize & Cramant bottling is even a further notch above. For the Ambonnay single parcels, Le Parc (Chardonnay) is amazingly pure and really gains in richness as it has time to breathe. Les Saint Remys is a round, grapefruit and cinnamon expression of Pinot Noir. The best to me though is Les Crayeres (Pinot Noir) which has a beautiful silky texture, plenty of bright red apples, and a bitter bite on the finish. While I am not yet sold on the longevity of Marguet’s wines, they all drink pretty darn well young, have a great mouthfeel, and have no problem drinking well in the shorter to medium term. All seem to benefit from some air. There is always charm to the wines and as Benoit would say, a lot of energy. Each year, I become a bigger and bigger fan as the wines get better and better. His 2018s are full of huge potential across the board.

As to the sulfur question, a touch of sulfur is added when Benoit feels it is necessary, but in a perfect world, he would prefer to use none at all. Each year he seems to be reducing the amount of wine that sees some sulfur and today I think 80-90% of his wines (might even be more) don’t see any sulfur.