TN: 2015 Anthill Farms Pinot Noir Harmony Lane

I remember tasting a sample this a few years ago and liked it. It was light to medium body, mainly red fruited cherry cranberry, some floral and spice notes. Also had an acid backbone which is what I like in Pinot Noir.

Fast forward a few years. Had this a week ago and it has changed but not for the better. The red fruit notes are there, cherry, cranberry and some strawberry, some spice and herbaceous quality poking through. What’s not to like. I love acid in wines but this wine had very sharp sour acid quality which took away from the delicate fruit. Took half the bottle home and had the rest over two nights but there was little improvement.
The sourness took the wine out of balance and clipped the finish short. I’m not saying it was acidified but had that type of impression.

Tom
IMG_20190720_184744.jpg

I’ve not been thrilled with the case or two of semi aged anthill pinots I’ve had. I think they drank better young. Even the lauded Abbey Harris (actually the Tina Marie has performed better for me).

Their syrahs on the other hand have been spectacular. Easily among the best in the US for my palate.

Sorry you had a bad experience. This has been one of the few producers where just about every bottle we’ve had has sucked.