Napa - Party of 12

Hi all, I have a buddy going to Napa in November with a party of 12. Most are into wine and not first trip. Like nice cabs and I opened a bottle Greer with them they loved. Members at places like far niente which isn’t my cup of tea but gives an idea. Asked me for recommendations but most wineries I go to cannot handle this. May I ask for ideas? And No, they don’t have a helicopter expecting a screaming eagle landing.

While a serious question… humor appreciated.

Davis makes great wine, they are nice, and can accommodate that size.

Sure to be a hit, and they pair with bites of food.

We have done groups that size at both and loved them.

I think Jarvis could go 12, as well.

Reservation for a party of 12?
JohnWickpartyof12.png

I believe Pride does group tastings of various levels. They could also take over an entire Shafer tasting.

A friend of mine on every cult list tells the story of Jarvis ten years ago. He ran into friends who were going to Jarvis with a group of 8. He’s a baller and figured he could just hang out with them during the tasting even if he had to stand. He’s quiet and unassuming. Salt of the earth and one of the best people I’ve met on my wine journey. He went with them and the host said no he couldn’t join the group. He said, i just want to hang with my friends, I’ll pay, I’ll buy wine but I don’t need a seat. They showed him the door. Since then he’s bought cases of Harlan, Schrader, continuum, dominus, larkmead, Macdonald, Mondavi, cade reserve, Shaffer HSS, opus, scarecrow, hundred acre and many others he’s generously shared with me that I can’t remember. He’s never bought Jarvis and shared his story every chance he could. He’s so generous I’ve shared the story every chance I could also. f@ck em

A/O can host 12 with reservations. Have some good folks. Also more than just Cabs. Think Mending Wall can also accommodate.

When my daughter was in college at Creighton in Omaha, the one class had a field trip for a week to San Francisco/Napa. I arranged a tasting for I think 16 or so at Mondavi. They ended up having a couple friends tag along, they were all taken care of very well. Mondavi is known for larger groups.

Mending Wall!

They rock.

I agree with Mondavi, as well. They have some fine wines in their line up.