TN: 2014 Domaine Martelet de Cherisey Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Hameau de Blagny

Posted from CellarTracker

Underrated producer! They always show very well blind.

Perhaps underrated in the US because unavailable? Do they have a US importer? I see a single retail listing for any of the wines in the US, for the 2016 vintage.

Paul. Marty Steinley sells this. He will know the importer

The chalumeaux from this vintage is also very good. However this producer has one of the worst premox records of any I have had. I’ve had advanced wines 6 years from vintage.

Imported in the US by none other than Kermit Lynch, under the Comtesse de Chérisey label: Comtesse de Chérisey | Our Wines | Kermit Lynch Wine Merchant

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick response. I did not realize Wine Searcher segregated the “Comtesse de Cherisey” label from the “Martelet de Cherisey” label.

Sounds like a typical 2014 to me, in one word, great.

Agreed, sounds lovely Don. As you know, I enjoyed very much a Sauzet 14 from that plot. For the others, from Jay Hack’s BerserkerFest a week and a half ago:

"2014 Etienne Sauzet Puligny Montrachet Hameau de Blagny

Light ginger and a marvelous lime not in the nose. Smooth, strong, beautiful and there’s a lemon-lime tang that is really attractive. Probably ended up my #5 today."

A bientot,

Mike

Thanks, Don. Happy I snagged a couple of these.