TN: 1999 Querciabella Chianti Classico Riserva

I haven’t had much Chianti this old but as I had bought this from a very reputable retailer in Torino the provenance was in all likelihood excellent. Turned out to be a very solid bottle that we emptied with pleasure, yet it is perfectly possible that I would have enjoyed it even more a few years ago.

• 1999 Querciabella Chianti Classico Riserva - Italy, Tuscany, Chianti, Chianti Classico DOCG (3.8.2019)
    Perfect cork on this twenty year old. The color is clearly bricking yet quite deep. The rich sour cherry fruit is definitely there on the nose yet so are plentiful secondary and tertiary notes as well. Soy, Christmas spices, old furniture-esque oak and herbs. Pungent and expressive and savory as hell. On the palate rich and luscious, velvety even. Tannins are in hiding early on but fortunately emerge with sufficient breathing. The fruit feels mature yet lively and quite bright. A nice wine without a question, a pleasure with a simply seasoned steak. That said it seems to me like the fruit was always bound to outlive the structure.

Posted from CellarTracker

Lovely note, looks to have been perfect with the steak. Thanks for sharing.

Tom