TN: 2015 Dirty and Rowdy Mourvedre Antle Vineyard

2015 Dirty and Rowdy Mourvedre Antle Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Chalone (8/2/2019)
Prompted by the announcement of the next Dirty & Rowdy release, I grabbed a bottle of this and pulled the cork. Immediately it was a riot of flowers. Bright red fruit followed, then dusty, sun-drenched herbs. After a small glass, I put it aside for a couple of hours. With the extra air the elements came together as a seamless whole, and added a touch of freshly grilled burger. The fruit also darkened a bit, becoming less strawberry, and more dark cherry. There was not too much tannic structure, with vibrant acidity largely keeping things aligned. The mouthwatering finish focused on the savory. Drink now and for the next decade. Glad I have a bunch to follow.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks, David!

Was this more open than the last '15? That sounds perfect with a burger!

Yes. Much more open. Like a completely different wine.

I wonder if the first one was just slightly corked? Without having one in the house, I think '15 was the last year before we switched to Nomacorc on the Antle.

The '15 Antle is tighter / more structured than the '14 and '16, but this description (especially the aromatics) sounds more like it should vs. the first.

I’m happy to replace the previous one for you.

No worries Hardy. I have five more. Thanks though.