Dirty and Rowdy Fall 2019 release

FALL RELEASE
“FROM YOUR LOVING CUP”

FRIDAY 8/9 - FRIDAY 8/16

“GIMME LITTLE DRINK
FROM YOUR LOVING CUP”
Buckle up. On Friday, 8/9, we are releasing four of the most exciting Dirty and Rowdy wines from the best vintage we have ever seen.

These 2018 vineyard designates will transport you to a far off universe where alien life forms have been confirmed and bottled. They are magnificent and the result of an otherworldly growing season paired with nerves of steel. And, as it goes with all great journeys, we had to go so far to realize they have been here with us all along.

You will reach for these wines for years to come and they will be your go to when generously shared and poured from your loving cup.

If you aren’t familiar with The Rolling Stones “Loving Cup” it is suggested, perhaps even mandatory listening. Check it out on Spotify or on YouTube.

FALL RELEASE WINES

YOUR FALL WINES
Your “Loving Cup” Fall Release will go live on Friday, 8/9 and stay open until Friday 8/16. Quantities of these wines are extremely limited, and we encourage you to place an order early in the release (especially for the 2018 Carignane)!

2018 Rodnick Farm Mourvèdre (formerly Antle Vineyard)
“The man / woman on the mountain, come on up…”

2018 Rosewood Vineyard Old Vine Carignane (say what?!?!)
“The plowman / plow-woman in the valley with the face full of mud”

2018 Mendocino Chenin Blanc
“The person who walks the hillsides in the sweet summer sun”

2018 Evangelho Vineyard Old Vine Mourvèdre
“The person who brings your roses when you aint got none”

“Ohh What a Beautiful Buzz, What a Beautiful Buzz!”

I will say, this could’ve been a great opportunity to link the Phish version of ‘Loving cup’. I’m disappointed Hardy! [tease.gif]

Talk about a wine I never pass on. Hardy & Co run a fantastic program and their wines are always accessible & priced fairly.

Keep it up!!

These are some of the best D&R wines to date! Hardy knocked it out of the park with the 18s.

and yes, thank you Evan :slight_smile:

The Legends.

Is Gloria from a St Louis show after they won the Stanley Cup? That’s awesome from Phish.

@Joe D Have you tried the D and R ‘18s already? Love to hear about them. I can see asking for the max allocation especially the Evangelho Mourvèdre. Love to hear about that and the Carignane.

Marc, the game became final at set break. Phish opened the second set with Gloria into Loving cup. Love when music and sports collide!

Back up the truck this release

Hi Marc,

Yes, that’s right after the blues won… long history of phish & Hockey going back to the Vermont days (Legion of Doom line late 90s). I believe Trey played prep at Taft.

AS for the 18s - yes, I tasted them all out of barrel in March. Some really interesting stuff coming. The carignane is definitely one to go deep on - its got both structure and verve. 100++ year old vines… I remember images of ‘lazer beams’ racing through my mind as I tasted through many of them - they seem to have this vibrant energy. Don’t forget about the PS and Chenin… Simply put - If you like Hardys wines, these are spinal tap turned up to 11!!!

How the Blues adopted the Gloria song is a fun story, some of the Blues players were in a S Philly bar, heard it and it became a thing. Good read if you haven’t already read it.

Thanks for the barrel tasting notes. I’m a fan of the whites as well as the Mourvèdre wines. Skinner and Evangelho especially.

I love how wine intersects with music and hockey in this thread. I’ve seen Trey in a Flyers sweater. I wonder if Hardy is a Sharks fan.

Thanks for the positive vibes! We are fired up for this one.

Last night, John Lockwood of Enfield Wine and I tasted through all the wines but the Carignane (left it at the warehouse, ugh). We were helping each other w/ both of our Fall release tasting notes. It is nuts how special '18 is.

One note: A side by side of Rodnick Farm Mourvèdre (formerly Antle Vineyard) and Evangelho Mourvèdre is a beautiful and geeky mini-exploration of CA Mourvèdre. They are aromatically off the charts and wonderful expressions of very different places.

My team was the Thrashers (RIP) and now mostly the Lightning. I was fired up for the Blues during the playoffs / cup. Worst to first!

Speaking of Phish, my 2018 harvest mantra was "Everything’s right, so just hold tight ". I probably said it to myself 50+ times a day.

Also-When the Enfield Fall release comes out, do not pass on the '16 Waterhorse Ridge (aka Jesus Vineyard) Cabernet. [worship.gif] [worship.gif] It is triumphant.

(that was a very nice ten minutes plus 4:20)

It’s not weird every time I see Languedoc, I automatically think of Trey, right?!

Can’t wait … but I am disappointed it’s not Paul Butterfield Blues …

so excited for this release! also Hardy you and John Lockwood may be a CA Superfriends team as far as I’m concerned. Get Morgan there and I’m pretty sure you could just set aside the entire release if wines for the WB board and still sell out.

Thrashers, huh. Georgia connections? We used to live in S Carolina, saw the braves win 2 World Series.
Thanks for the recommendation on the enfield cab.

Love all the PH talk. My favorite two things in life, apart from my wife- wine and PHiSH

Cannot wait to get hold of all of these

Good lookin out on enfield, Hardy

As a lifelong Braves fan rapidly approaching 50, I wish I’d seen them win 2 World Series, but unfortunately there was just one in my lifetime.

Of course you’re right Mike. Just wishful thinking I guess. I got to take my son to two World Series games when we lived there, the series they won vs Cleveland and the next year vs the Yankees that didn’t turn out as well.

Shit is dope.