TN: De Moor I drink their wines, the bigger fan of theirs I become

Only my second wine from this interesting natural producer. Their Aligoté was very good in a bone dry, linear and super acidic fashion - this one is very different but not any less of a wine. What I most like about these wines is that while they are of high quality and have this very authentic and unadulterated feel they do not “scream natural”, i.e. taste like they were made to fit a certain mold.

• 2013 Alice et Olivier De Moor Bourgogne-Chitry - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne-Chitry (1.8.2019)
    Popped and poured into large Bourgogne bowls. Generously fruity, tropical even on the nose with some appealing smokiness, chalk and a hint of spice. Mouth-fillingly rich on the palate - this is no lightweight despite the moderate 12.3% ABV! Wonderfully firm with good grip and confident yet not aggressive acidity. Deliciously savory and tangy with great vibrancy to it. Drinks like a charm and is very food-friendly. Massively chalky beneath the fruit.

Posted from CellarTracker

Indeed. They’re in the top 3 in Chablis those days. Also very recently started producing premier crus. Great people, too…

Wow, that is quite a statement. Have to find some of those premier crus. So I guess you are putting De Moor, Raveaneau and Dauvissat above all the rest?

I also love De Moor and have been a buyer for a few years. I think they make one of the best San Bris or San Bruit in addition to the aligote and chablis

Of course a premoxed bottle might DeMoor-alize you, but a nice note

St. Bris, from the nearby village, St. Bris le Vineux.

[rofl.gif]

never had a premoxed bottle but have had some TCA along the way

Love De Moor Chablis and Aligote. Last weekend we drank a bottle of '15 Aligote Plantation 1902, which is in a very good place. The ‘regular’ 2015 Aligote is also drinking very well now.

Excellent champagne.gif

Seriously speaking though, I hope one does not have to worry about premox with this producer.