Houston Offsite Wine Storage

I’m already at capacity at my home wine cellar and am looking for offsite storage solutions. Centrally located would be ideal, but open to other parts of Houston. Does anyone have an offsite place they have been happy with, in Houston?

I use Big Tex Storage in Montrose and they’ve been pretty good, if you’re just looking for bare-bones storage. Pricing seems to be a little lower than other places in town. The other places I’ve heard about are Nos Caves Vin (in Southampton) and AOC/Art of Cellaring in Upper Kirby. Locker pricing seems higher but these have a lot more when it comes to trying to create a social experience (tastings, opportunities to interact with other members, etc.), so that could be valuable if you’re looking for more than just storage.

Outside of the city seems to provide a bargain…

Amazing Spaces (Champions/Spring) monthly @ $32 (~10 cases), $54 (~20 cases), $84 (~48 cases). First two month are 50% off currently.

That is quite a bargain. The Amazing Spaces in West U that I was considering is $112/mo for the ~10 case storage and $200 for the ~20 cases. The drive would not be super convienent, but if they’ll accept deliveries for you, no need to go up there much.

Wow those are expensive! My storage in north San Diego county is $35/mo ($420/yr) for a 35 case locker.

I have a place at extra space storage and I’m a member at Art of Cellaring. AOC is good for the social aspect and there are numerous free tastings per week and you can usually find someone up there enjoying a glass everyday after work.

I store mine at the S Voss location. $35/month for the small unit. More locations throughout Houston.