2014 Boillot Puligny Mouchere

I opened my first bottle of the 2014 version of this wine, which has been an annual purchase for me for many years. Light in color with a little of the sulfur on opening, which blew off in a few minutes. Lemon - lime custard creaminess and full bodied with several years of life. Worth tasting now but will improve with more honey caramel notes. Excellent.

Great note. I love this one Jerry.

Thanks for the TN, Jerry. I’m not sure anything has surprised me more in wine drinking recently than how accessible so many 14s have been. 15s, yes (and I like a ton of those too) but I have loved the–for me–classicism that I have found in the 14 vintage. Yet here we are, being able to enjoy them 5 years out.

I have mused about this on a thread or two—that (perhaps in partial response to the premox plague) there has been a paradigm shift in white burg as a whole where producers by and large are making them to be accessed sooner than previously.

agree—I have an open (Pungo) bottle of this on the counter. Super wine.

Thanks Jerry.

A last glass of this on the second day after being vacu-vined and put in the fridge overnight. Still a bit of matchstick on the nose but less so than last night. Creamy and no sign of oxidation.

Mike Grammer - I tried the 15 of this about 6 months ago and surprisingly the 14 was more forward than the 15, which was much more linear with seemingly more acidity.

Wow–that is interesting—thanks for the additional note, Jerry.