Wine preservation systems - which do you recommend?

Obviously if you want to go big, Coravin is the answer, but I’m not interested in that kind of spend right at the moment. I’ve been using Winesave Pro (from BerserkerDay VIII and IX) quite a lot, and really like it. Might just buy more, rather than invest in more of the ZOS cartridges as those seem to last 4-5 bottles for me, at most.

Other decent, budget options for wine preservation that come recommended?

I use Private Preserve however the results are generally not that great. Am wondering how WineSave Pro differs, looks like a similar product, both use Argon

I’ve been really impressed with the efficacy of Repour, but they’re single bottle use and a bit of an environmental waste.

Cheers,
Warren

Yeah, I saw those on Amazon - about half the price of WineSave Pro, didn’t know if it was similar/same or not

Don’t overlook Eurocave’s Wine Art. It works well, and avoid dealing with gasses. The have made several significant improvements over their first generation “SoWine” product.

I have had very good results with Repour as well. I recall getting an email from them fairly recently about recycling . . . I believe they are made from 100% recycled materials and they now have a program for sending the used ones back to them to be recycled.

Todd - worth trying, as they are pretty inexpensive and I think there is a coupon for first time purchase directly on their website.

Hold out for Coravin for B’day or Xmas present [wink.gif]

At $1.80 per (on the 10-pack) I’m DEFINITELY interested! Looks like the same concept as ZOS but actually cheaper

For a bottle to be drunk over a couple to several days, I have always used the Vacu Vin (pump til it clicks ) wine saver. Is it not thought of as reliable?

I still have one of those as well, but haven’t found it to be terribly reliable/effective

1 Like

I’ve had good results with Repour too, that’s all I use these days.

Thanks for the recycling info, hadn’t heard that.

i use repour i likey. only issue i have with them is i feel wine takes awhile to come back around in that “zero” oxygen environment.

FWIW, and you may already do this, I have found that wetting the stopper opening a bit (then shaking it off) before pumping seems to produce a more reliable longer lasting vacuum seal. When I forget to do this, the seal seems to give way sooner than I would like.

375ml glass bottle filled to the top with a screw cap and kept in the fridge. Works beautifully and just about free.

I use ArT, works fine, better than a VacuVin or even using a 375 ml bottle filled to the top. But I’ve only tried it for overnight.

Another vote to just get a Coravin. It’s been game changing for me to be able to have multiple bottles open simultaneously to enjoy over a few weeks.

Pretty cheap on Ebay, new.

Every black friday weekend Coravin does a 50% off sale. You can snag a coravin and 4 capsules for about $199. If you’re in no rush and have the option to wait until November.

Thanks - might be worth the wait…

I’m interested Repour but generally drink a bottle over two days so it does seem a bit of a waste. Maybe it can be saved for another bottle that you open later if you place it in an airtight bag?

Coravin definitely works, although I’ve taken to melting a bit of candle wax over the point where the needle was inserted. Depending on the cork, sometime the hole doesn’t reseal well and you can even have wine dripping out if you lay the bottle on its side.

Just bought some Repours and will do a blind comparison to Coravin at an upcoming dinner.