Williams Selyem Allocation Next Week

Is anyone looking forward to the Williams Selyem allocation next week? I received my snail mail letter late last week.

Demian

I do.

Over-all, in my top rank of wines/wineries.

The hardest part is choosing!

Yeah they’re one of the sure-bets for us twice a year. Our favorite has always been their Bucher since we like a little funkiness, but I think we’ll snag a few others as well.

Do you think the Bucher is their funkiest cuvee? I’ve haven’t had any WS yet, but my friend is letting me jump on his allocation, so I’m thinking of picking up a couple of bottles. I’m just starting to discover Pinots I like, and I find that I prefer ones with plenty of funk, as well as dark fruit, wet earth, and meat notes (and a fuller body helps too).

I think it varies from year to year obviously, we had a Ferrington a while back that was also a bit on the earthy side. Bucher is the most reliably funky though in my experience. The fruit profile tends somewhat red (ripe raspberry/red plum rather than full-on cranberry), and it does have some of that tell-tale bergamot/orange peel thing RRV pinots tend to have, but I wouldn’t say it’s a light wine.

I agree…along with the Bucher and Ferrington, I think MacGregor and sometimes Rochioli comes in on the savory side as well compared with the rest of their lineup.

Does anyone know if there’s a way to check how much we’re allocated of each wine, as well as pricing before the allocation opens?

All in here. One of my favorite American pinots.

I know you can check pricing by clicking through on each wine via the email they send around about it, but as far as allocation I think it’s “wait and see”.

Unfortunately my wife only drinks white wine so I am looking for a 2017 (Marriage year)chardonnay that will age 10 to 15 years. Out of the ones in this release do you guys have any recommendations of what may be best or should I look elsewhere?

The allocation was in my account. Just placed my order.

1 - Coastlands
1 - Lewis MacGregor
1 - Rochioli
2 - Estate

Wish listed another 6 bottles of various pinots.

In for Coastlands, Bucher, Weir, Rochioli, MacGregor, Precious, Estate. I’m not sure but this allocation seems a bit smaller than last years?

Was allocated 11 different pinots, 3 different chards, and 2 diff zins… unfortunately on a buying freeze right now.

Paring back my Selyem purchases too. Have too much in the cellar and there are just too many wines to decide among. Bought four bottles just to have a reason to attend the pickup event.

They give us interns an allocation so I put mine in today. I’ll be working the pickup party in October, look forward to seeing y’all there!

I usually load up on the WS Rochioli. But, the review WS has on their website for this wine is pretty unflattering. Anyone had the '17?

91 is a Berserker zero. [cheers.gif]

It is an odd review to plaster up, for sure.

I am kinda looking forward to seeing the stylistic differences for this one.

It is a strange review - and should this have been a ‘no name’ winery, my guess is that the score might have been lower. How was this write up and score compared to all others reviewed at the same time? Also goes to show why many reviewers require 2 bottles of the same wine to taste - just in case of an ‘off’ bottle . . .

Cheers.

Picked up a bottle of Coastlands and wish listed a Bacigalupi Zin, would like to see what Jeff can do with that vineyards fruit. They are one of my favorite producers but am holding off on spending money as we need to drink through some wine we have now before we get into anything else.