TN: 2008 Buisson-Charles Meursault Les Tessons

• 2008 Buisson-Charles Meursault Les Tessons - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault (7/27/2019)
    Has some smoky mineral to the aroma along with white mushroom development and mildly exotic fruits. In the mouth there are almond butter notes and it is unctuous and creamy. It is a rich and complex wine, drinking at the top of its game and finishing with an uptick of lively acidity.

Posted from CellarTracker

Never had this producer yet, but did pick up some of their Chassagne En Remilly to try.

Super producer. He often posts here.

Very fine producer - I prefer Les Tessons to their Meursault VV …
should try the 08 again.
Chassagne En Remilly (I think) is one of their negociant offerings.
They usually have one barrel of Corton-Charlemagne!

They are very good wines. Had the '08 Cras last night. Absolutely ready to go. Dense and sappy orchard fruits. Some honey and spice. Full, buttery and long.

I recently an excellent Patrick Essa’s Buisson-Charles Corton-Charlemagne 2015 (17/20) : shiny, pure, powerful and balanced, still very young of course.

We had the 08 Buisson-Charles Goutte d’ Or last week at a blinded Meursault tasting, and it was beautiful. Bright, lifted, delicate but complete. It was the group’s #1 wine, and my #2 wine, in very good company. Great producer. We tasted there a few years ago and had a great visit. Wines are getting pricey (understandably).

The Goutte d’Or 2008 (17/20) was excellent when I tasted it at the domain, driven by Patrick Essa.

As for the Tessons 2008, I wrote :
Domaine Buisson-Charles Meursault “Tessons” 2008 (sur cuve) : 17/20 (december 2009)
Malo pas terminée. Minéral, expressif, tendu. Grande expressivité.

Often?

I agree that he is a super producer, but I do not remember seeing him post here in a long time. Maybe I just missed his posts.

First time buying this year, bought the 2017. Excited to try

geez, the Fu kiss of death for the pricing of this one, too, now?

I really have to get more from this producer–especially now that Fu has started the price escalation. And we can actually get his stuff here from time to time. My note on his Bouches-Cheres from WineFest IV 3 years ago, where it placed 8th for me out of 109 wines. My “roundness” sort of matches up with your creamy, Jeremy.

2011 Charles Buisson Meursault Bouches Cheres

Lemon-lime, nuts, ginger—plenty of activity. This has a roundness the others don’t—still with drive and and a real savoury element. Lime repeat and some delicious herbs. This is a tremendously engaging wine. #8

That said, it was #3 at my Meursault table that day behind the 08 Bouchard Genevrieres and the 01 Roulot Luchets. :slight_smile:

The last Bouches-Chères I had was in june 2019 :
Buisson-Charles Meursault Bouches-Chères 2004 : 16/20 (very good wine)
According to the vintage, rooty traces of vegetal. However, the wine ages well, turns out to be solid and quite pleasant.