Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
lleichtman
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: TN: 2009 R. Lopez Heredia Rose - Vina Tondonia

#51 Post by lleichtman » August 13th, 2019, 1:04 pm

S teve R edenbaugh wrote:
August 10th, 2019, 5:56 pm
Just picked up six bottles of the newly released '09....for $24.99 each...at Binny's, of course.
Now out of stock.
Lawrence G. Leichtman

lleichtman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#52 Post by lleichtman » August 13th, 2019, 1:10 pm

I would have bought a case at the 24.99 price. Now seem to be out of luck. Can't find any less than $145 and that's on Winebid.
Lawrence G. Leichtman

M Mager

#53 Post by M Mager » August 13th, 2019, 4:25 pm

EHeffner wrote:
August 12th, 2019, 8:02 pm
Say you had a single bottle of 2009, would you drink it sooner rather than later? I usually like my roses and whites within a year or two of vintage date. Obviously this wine is a different animal. I’m not trying to let it sit for a decade, but not sure if it would greatly benefit from a year or two, or might as well try it now for the freshness as that’s how I mainly enjoy other roses?! The struggle of having a single bottle lol
Evan,

Just curious - have you ever tasted any previous vintages of this wine? The reason I'm asking is because - although I absolutely love this wine - I'm not sure "freshness" is an aspect that is salient to this particular rose. In the specific context of your question, I don't think a year or two will significantly change the taste profile of this wine. In fact, in my experience, even a decade doesn't change it all that much.

Due to the supply challenges over the last few years, I've been rationing the last of my supply of older vintages. The last time I dipped into them was in 2015, when I drank one of the 1995s. It was still going strong. Absolutely no evidence that it was on the down slide.

If you've never tried one, I'd recommend you go ahead and open it now. These wines are a unique experience. Some love 'em; some hate 'em (very few are "eh" about them). Just my $0.02...

Michael
Michael

EHeffner

#54 Post by EHeffner » August 13th, 2019, 4:42 pm

Thank you for the response! I have never had this wine, in any vintage. I figure I’ll drink it before hurricane season is up within the next couple months. Might as well try it while my shop still has a case! Thanks again!
E v @ n

Return to “Wine Talk”