• 2015 Saxum Broken Stones
  • 2012 Saxum Broken Stones
  • 2016 Saxum G2 Vineyard
  • 2015 Saxum G2 Vineyard
  • 2015 Saxum Heart Stone Vineyard
  • 2016 Saxum James Berry Vineyard
  • 2013 Saxum James Berry Vineyard
  • 2009 Saxum James Berry Vineyard
  • 2007 Saxum James Berry Vineyard (On the list, but not going to happen)
  • 2007 Olga Raffault Chinon Les Picasses (a replacement for the 2007 to make Alf happy - but he’s not coming)
  • 2015 Saxum Paderewski Vineyard
  • 2014 Saxum Paderewski Vineyard
  • 2013 Saxum Paderewski Vineyard
  • 2011 Saxum Paderewski Vineyard
  • 2010 Saxum Paderewski Vineyard
  • 2016 Saxum Syrah Booker Vineyard
  • 2013 Saxum Syrah Booker Vineyard
  • 2010 Saxum Syrah Booker Vineyard

0 voters

Although I must admit that I initially thought the reports of Alan’s demise where the quintessential troll ruse right up his alley, it now appears that the news is accurate. In his honor, I will post this ridiculous poll for what wine I should open as my contribution to the excesses of this coming Saturday. The list is approximate - I have been known to drink bottles and forget to remove them from CT. The menu is finally shaping up, so if you want to base your decision on appropriate wine pairings, here’s the current food list:

Shitake mushroom and saffron risotto with vegetable stock - vegetarian friendly

Smoked brisket with caramelized onions

Oxymoron sandwiches – pulled smoked pork shoulder on a Rockland Bakery Challah roll with coleslaw (choice of creamy or vinegar) and barbecue sauce (choice of sweet tomato or vinegar mustard honey

BGE grilled and then roasted dry aged 3 inch thick porterhouse

Duck fat fried potatoes

Roasted peppers, onions, broccoli, Brussel sprouts and other vegetables

Chipotle Black Bean burgers for anyone of the vegan or vegetarian persuasion.

Assorted desserts brought by the guests who insist on not coming empty-handed other than their wine.

Jay, in the spirit of Alan, two things. One, I voted for the 2007 James Berry, as I can see Alan posting something about this should be the bottle you open, as it’s not some museum piece sitting in your cellar. Drink it!

The other thing, which is brought to light by Alan’s passing, is this premise of life is short and we ought to take moments to live in the moment. Open the friggin’ 2007 JB as who the hell knows what tomorrow brings. Do it for Alan.

You make a good point. I will consider it, but I was just saving it for a family dinner where I could have multiple glasses without feeling guilty. Maybe I will open an SQN or two instead for that purpose.

Bolded above needs its own line. Their rolls are that good.

I attended an offline at a local friend, and I was the only person to bring dessert. Jay, would you prefer finger food or something else?

For anyone arriving on Metro North to Mamaroneck Station, Boiano’s is a 5 minute walk. [wink.gif] If asked, I’ll even pick you up and bring you to Jay.

Dan

What time should I get there? I’ll bring my own wine

Flawed poll. No 2013 Napa cab on the list

We will be serving food from noon to close. My wife defined “close” as about 8 pm. I think it’s more like 10 pm.

I do not have any Napa Cab magnums. This is a magnum poll. Get with the program.

I’m not in the loop, obviously. Missed this entirely. Sounds like an awesome event though

FIFY pileon

awesome and incredibly generous. I have never been to the offline planner sub.

2007 James Berry. There is no other option really.

I wish I can be at the event Jay!

Stop whining. To quote Alan, “Don’t be daft, woman.” According to CT, I have 215 bottles of Napa Cab, and that excludes most of the Schrader and Colgin that are in wood boxes lying on the floor. But since you are not coming, I give you that famous quote about the Pope making rules about sex - “You no play the game, you no make the rules.”

There’s this incredible invention. It’s called an airplane. We have ordered four tables and chairs to add to those we have already.

That’s a mind-boggling collection of Saxum mags. Please keep in mind the old caveat about open flames.

Bart Starr

And clearly this is the poll winner too with more than 50% of the votes as of now.

(and agreed on attending - I thought about driving down from MA but can’t do it on this day!)

Sorry not a whiner just a little troll [stirthepothal.gif] . I’ll actually be heading your way this weekend but sadly it will be for my mom’s funeral out on the island. Cheers, hope it’s a great event for one and all!

David - I’m sorry to hear about your mom. All the best to you and your family.