R.I.P. Alan Eden

I heard today from a co-worker of Alan’s that he passed away on July 15th. Is there anyone else on the board that was a local friend / acquaintance of Alan’s that can confirm this?

While Alan could be provocative on this board, he was a good friend and we enjoyed many of the same wines. He will be sorely missed.

Wow! Last post was July 14.

That’s crazy. And sobering.

I’m sorry to hear about Alan’s passing. While he was provocative and inscrutable at times, his love for wine was evident.

RIP Alan.

Wow! That’s just awful! Are we sure?

Very sad, sorry to hear that.

+1 to all of the above

Hoping this isn’t accurate. Always a sickening feeling when someone on WB is affected.

Neal, I am also disbelieving of this. Alan was a dear friend. I was hoping that there was someone in Chicago that knew Alan locally that could provide confirmation.

If this is correct, I wish Alan’s family and friends peace and send my condolences to all.

Very sad.

There is a note on his FB from someone that seems to confirm this

Terrible news. Always liked the guys passion. Gonna miss his persona. Condolences to his family and friends.

That’s crazy. Sorry to hear of his passing.

Wow. Alan was a presence here and he didn’t care whether you dug him or not, he had his own way and view on things. Alan, god bless you man.

This is very sad. I wish he had polled us first.

RIP, Alan. True Wineberserker.

I’m a little unsure how I would have voted.

Very sad news, I never quite got some of the controversy around his posts. He seemed a quintessential Berserker to me. Will be missed.

I still remember the thread he created trying to oust me as a moderator. But the way he phrased his poll answers was the opposite of the question being asked initially.

Typical Alan.

Tough to see someone anyone go. Looks like he would have turned 55 this August.

Honestly Alan may have been one of the most entertaining parts of WineBerserkers…

A sobering reminder to not wait on opening that special bottle of wine because you just never know.

My condolences to his friends and family.

He would have enjoyed this post.

RIP.