Custom wine label or sticker?

Hello

A person I know is turning 80 and having a big party for around 50 people. They are buying wine for the event. Of course the wine will have labels on them.

I wanted to make some sticker labels to stick over the labels that are already on the bottles.

They don’t have to be perfect.

I would like to put a picture of the person turning 80 and text below the photos that says something like Kathy’s Pinot Noir.

I am looking for recommendations on what to use, Avery labels? Other? I plan to use my PC and HP inkjet printer.

What is out there that is easy to use without custom software, hoping to find something that has a template in MS Word or similar.

Ideas?

Thanks

I just ordered these:

You may want to test on printer paper before committing to the labels. We had some bad luck this year trying to use some to put names on home bottles. Depending on what you’re willing to spend, you can also use a service like sticker mule. Not the cheapest, but it’s nice vinyl. It’s a minimum of 50 labels and a buck a label.

My luck was good and they didn’t have an art fee or setup fee.

I have done a number of them and found ink jet labels are fine as long as no liquid, (wine, water, etc) gets on the label. Color laser was better. The easiest and most cost/time effective thing I found was a local trophy shop that got themselves a single bottle etcher. Take them the art work and have it etched. Some will color it for a $$$$$$$$$$$$ cost or you can try it yourself at low cost, don’t make mistakes and don’t have to do it over. The etched bottle is usually good enough.