TN: 2014 Sandlands Trousseau (USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast)

2014 Sandlands Trousseau - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (7/20/2019)
I finally figured out how to wait a little while before ordering a bottle of Sandlands. I misplaced this one, and thought I had none left. Trousseau is not a grape I think about cellaring, as I enjoy the bright, fresh red fruit of its youth. A tiny bit of cellar time left the red fruit intact, but polished the texture. The initial attack was very silky, and it was only on the finish that the wine took on a more acid-driven style. It went from caressing to refreshing in the same mouthful. Interesting wine. I hope I misplaced another bottle.

Posted from CellarTracker

David,

Thanks for the notes. Seems like an interesting wine - and your comments mirror mine for way too many wines. Patience yields some great results much of the time . . .

Cheers.

A 2014 would in no stretch of the imagination be considered “old”.

I didn’t say it was.

I just tend to drink most of my Sandlands wines shortly after they show up. Trying to change that.

Thanks David, Trousseau in general and Sandlands Trousseau in particular are some of the most under appreciated wines around. The combo of fruit, texture and “energy” make this one of our most versatile food wines. I just wish I owned more of it :slight_smile:

Tom