Saxum Question

I pulled a 2008 Saxum Heart Stone for dinner last and the first whiff indicated some off aroma which we later decided was TCA. We tried to muscle through it but decided it was definitely corked. So I went in and pulled my last bottle and was very surprised to find it in a BDX style bottle. I had no idea this wine was bottled in two different bottle styles. Anyone else notice this and is there an explanation? Justin? BTW, the second bottle was fantastic.
IMG_1884.jpg
IMG_1881.jpg

Wax vs foil capsule too.

My 08s are long gone. I’ve been on the list since 06 and I’ve never seen a bordeaux-style bottle. I have had one corked bottle and they replaced it. Great customer service.

Both were wax.

I have a vertical of Heart Stone 2010-2016 and they are all in Burgundy Style bottles. James Berry is also.

Wow, the one looks too perfect for wax.

I have one 2008 left. It is the same shorter bottle as the one on the right of your picture.

Anyone cracked an '09 James Berry recently? Thinking of breaking out a mag of it this weekend.

Some Saxum on WineBid are in the standard BDX bottles.

The only Saxum I’ve had have been in burgundy-styled bottles.

I received a direct email from Justin Smith who said they ran out of the burgundy style bottles that year when they were bottling and had to use the BDX style for some. He said I was probably one of the very few that got both. Justin also generously offered to replace the corked one. First Class

I have 2010 Broken Stones in Bdx style bottles.

The Broken Stones have always been in that style bottle.

[thumbs-up.gif]

[thumbs-up.gif] Great insight, thanks for sharing.

Anyone know when the current mailing list offer expires? Is there generally a follow up offer for those moved up from the wait list? Cheers!

I thought it ended this past Monday. If you were moving up, I think you would have received an email by now, but maybe that has changed.

I checked on my own status (2012 waitlist signup) and got the following response on 7/16: “We are looking forward to sending offerings out to some of our wait list members later this summer”. I am guessing there are still possibly some offers to go out. Fingers crossed.

Thanks! Good news - I have a sign up date of January 2012.

Hallelujah! Finally got that e-mail that says I will get an allocation next week (Broken Stones and Hexe)! Really stoked to start adding this winery to my cellar. Cheers!

Yep I was February 2012 and got an offer for August 6. Finally!