TN: 2017 Owen Roe Rosa Mystics Cabernet Franc

This just arrived and we wanted to get an idea of where it was and where it was going. It is 14.1 abv. .Popped and poured. Initially, it is very light in flavor, tannin and acidity. Might guess it was a light Oregon Pinot.

At 15 minutes open, things are changing. Black fruits with kitchen spice appear and the wine seems to gain weight. The finish is lingering 20 seconds with hints of earth and another flash of kitchen spice. At 30 minutes the fruit is more prominent and the finish doubled. Not sure I would have identified it as Cab Franc on a blind taste, but I’d continue to enjoy all it has to offer. It now has to compliment my dinner of Kung Pal Veggies.

Tried this wine last week at their tasting room in Newberg, Oregon. At the price point, I thought the wine was a good value and showed some floral, plum, blackberry, spice, and leafy aromas that I associate with Cabernet Franc. There was adequate acidity. I enjoyed the balance and fruit forwardness of the wine. I think I’ll wait a year or two before trying another bottle. Just my 2 cents.:slightly_smiling_face: