Interesting Atlanta Retailers

Going to be in Atlanta in a few weeks. Always interested in perusing retail shops with great inventory. Usually looking for CA wines and Burg. Any recommendations?

Sherlock’s Wine Merchant. There are 3 locations but I have visited only the Buckhead location on Northside Pkwy.

Perrine’s wines has outstanding rose and good champagne selections. Ansley Wine Merchants continues to be somewhat ornery and interesting to me. Both in midtown area

pH wines in Buckhead along with Cellar 13 on Roswell Road. Interesting selections. If you want to browse something on the high end, the closed area at Tower Wine Buckhead has some really interesting things in the Burgundy area. Niellon Chevalier, Meo Camuzet. Occasionally they will have crazy things like Rousseau.

While there are decent specialty retailers all over town, including those listed above, the deepest inventory in most of the categories discussed on this board is located about 15 minutes north of town at The Wine Store (fka Hinton’s). To the OP’s question, The Wine Store has an extensive selection from Burgundy and California. Although it may not be immediately obvious if/when you visit, there is a “cellar” room that carries back vintages and other rarities. Worth the trip.

I’m from Georgia and lived there several times as my jobs move me around. I’m in Illinois now and will retire to Georgia in a few years. I’m currently stocking up and carting wine to our Georgia home a few times a year because I do not have a good view of wine available in Georgia compared to here in the Chicago area. I am glad to hear there might be some better stores now than what I remember.

+1

Hinton’s is a good suggestion but it is a lot more than 15 minutes from Buckhead. Probably closer to 30 minutes and that is without traffic.

Just perusing or looking to purchase? I usually purchase via a storefront by appointment. If interested I can make an introduction for you. His place is near the new Braves stadium. He gravitates towards more boutique producers…

Let me know.

Gus

I must thank Kevin ( who I haven’t met yet) and Don who pointed me toward the Wine Store. roadtripped there today. a little hike from ITP but they are running a 20% off a case sale on most wines. The back room is chilly and most everything is 20% off ( a few champagnes not)

I got a turn back the clock case of 2017 Dauvissat, 2012 Vietti and Giuseppe Rinaldi, and 2016 Egon Muller Kabinett ( in magnum!)

solid solid find

thank you board!!!

Glad you went and had success! I hope that you made it back ITP safely. Definitely don’t want to be caught OTP past curfew, as the gates lock overnight. :slight_smile:

I must have come in before or after you. The sale brought me in to catch up with Keith, who I realized I’ve known for more than 25 years, and grab a mixed case that included Burlotto, Jamet, Jasmin, Levet, and Kelley Fox.

LOL. I love Chris. I consider him a friend and he has a great selection of wines. Glad you found a few things Rob. Keith Loftin who works there is an absolute gem and very knowledgable.

But damn I miss Le Caveau : (

THIS!

yes but we get to try a 2017 dauvissat forest on tuesday.

we are at 4 now. pm if anyone wants to be a 5th or 6th