TN: 2017 Domaine Delaporte Sancerre (France, Loire Valley, Upper Loire, Sancerre)

This was surprisingly serious for an entry level Sancerre. The label states a somewhat high 13,5 % ABV but this is not apparent in the wine, at least in any negative way. A little bit was left for day 2 and the wine had not lost one step. If I were to consume any more than a couple of bottles of Sancerre in a summer this would be a very useful wine to stock up.

• 2017 Domaine Delaporte Sancerre - France, Loire Valley, Upper Loire, Sancerre (18.7.2019)
    There is a wonderful creaminess/leesiness to the nose that is restrained and elegantly SB with typical notes of flint, gooseberry and herbs. Strongly leads me to believe that this was fermented with native yeasts, so pleasant and pure are the aromatics. On the palate it has a very respectable mouthfeel: good weight with leesy richness, lifted by confident acidity. To be honest this wine strikes a great balance given that it is mouth-filling yet focused, not fruit-forward yet not vegetal either and aromatically restrained while in no way thin or austere. I actually find this a very good Sancerre which is perhaps surprising given that it is the cheapest of its kind that I’ve had in many years.

Posted from CellarTracker