Alban Summer Release

2015 Reva-$98
2015 Pandora-$160
2017 Roussanne-$48

Anyone in? Allocations seem to be the same as last year and thankfully the prices are the same. Thinking a few of each.

Has anyone seen any press on these or overall vintage score for Paso?

I am usually in…also get an allocation of the Mourvedre.

I did even see a mention of Mourvedre on my release letter. Then again this is only my 3rd offer.

I have been on the list for over 12 years…it’s an interesting wine.

I was on the list 15 years ago, got booted off after 2008 and got back on starting with 2013 Reva. It’s always mentioned in “top US syrah” lists but it doesn’t seem to get as much love as Saxum or SQN. And I can’t find any scores for the "15 reds. Not sure i can justify $100 a bottle.

i know Jeb liked the 15s

Do you like them? To me, that’s how you justify it. . . [snort.gif]

Cheers!

Hard to pass. I’m in for…

4 Reva
3 Pandora
2 Mourvedre

This is concerning. I bought last summer for the first time (just 2 bottles) but haven’t seen anything yet either by mail or email this summer. I really like these wines. Hell…

I remember when the Reva was <$20, in the mid-‘90s. Prices went over my budget within a few years, and I haven’t bought an Alban in over 15 years. Haven’t looked back, as I’ve found wines I like better at a fraction of the price. But go for it if you like and can afford the wines! [cheers.gif]

I’d like to try the
Roussanne if anyone in Denver wants to share the allocation?

You can find Reva’s around at retail for high $80s. The roussanne is worth the freight and will age.

I got a flash offer for 2014 Lorraine this morning. In for a couple at $160. I must be way down on the list as I did not receive a summer release email. This is the second offer I’ve received and purchased for older an vintage this year though.

I think John started increasing prices after receiving a 100 point score - and at that time, one could argue that Reva was one of the best ‘values’ out there compared to Napa cabs that were 2X or more.

The roussannes are fantastic and well worth the tariff if you have the patience to lay them down . . .

Cheers.