TN: 2016 Merry Edwards Sauvignon Blanc

• 2016 Merry Edwards Sauvignon Blanc - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (7/18/2019)
    Magnificent. Comes across as a very well made high end Bordeaux. Coconut, minerals, very well balanced with a light touch of oak. No funky cat pee here. Probably my favorite domestic Sauv Blanc. If you love white burgundy and need a break for a night, this will please you.

Posted from CellarTracker

[cheers.gif] Great note for a great wine! [cheers.gif]

Up there among the best domestic SB. Love the label too.

One of my favorite SB’s as well, up there with Cade. I usually enjoy my Merry Edwards within a year of the vintage so I appreciate the note!

My favorite and I go through at least a case each vintage. I’m of the belief that it is never better than the day it’s bottled and efforts to drink them older have not been nearly as pleasurable

Which bottling, Cade Oakville or Cade Napa? Cade’s Napa seems reasonable ($35) and in the same ballpark as the ME price. The Oakville is $60 on their website; is that bottle 75% “better”?

Regardless I’ll probably try one each of the 2017s and see for myself but I did want to see which you were referring to.

TW

I’ve only had the 2018 Napa bottling. I’ve only had it at their winery but brought some bottles back that I haven’t gotten to yet. I like how this one has some mountain fruit in it

2016 Merry Edwards is delicious. So much pronounced fruit and flavor intensity.

Will have to seek out. Used to be a regular offering at our tastings.

Let some really age. I just opened the 2009 and it was fantastic!