Carlisle 2019 Summer Release

Report the damage once the release opens!

Sometimes I need to be able to maintain deniability in case my wife peers at the computer. [cheers.gif]

Did the email already go out? Or just preemptive thread?

Preemptive

It’s open and order placed. Had to keep it to 6…

I love these wines. So much good.

I wasn’t offered the Mourvedre, half the zins, or the Syrahs. Maybe that means I need to place order :face_with_monocle:

Seems like a lot of low yields. Kept to a half case, just not a lot of storage room available.

Another 48 bottle allocation. Decisions, decisions.

Kept to a case; was allocated 30.

picked up 3 bottles. First time buying from them.

Took 8 plus wished for James Berry

Order in

Restraint was hard, but kept it to an assorted case.

Allocated 30, but kept order to a case. Didn’t get any mourvedre either, and I’ve ordered a decent amount from them each year. [sad emoji]

I like that they are one of the few wineries that don’t penalize people for not taking heir “full” allocation. I take less when I want less and when I want more, I wish for it and usually get it.

I wasn’t allocated anything. :frowning:

I’m giving myself a gold star for keeping this to half a case. It could have easily been two cases. 2 each of the Bedrock and Pagani Zins and the Rosella’s Syrah.

Bought 6 + a couple of wishes. Excited to give these a try. I’ve only had Dupratt, which we really liked. I’ve got 3 other cases on order, so I have to be careful so early in the year.

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. How is Mike going to make the payments on his Lamborghini if you place such tiny orders? Oops, no, that’s Tom Brown, not Mike, with the Lambo. I remember back in the old days, when I used to have to walk five miles in the snow, up hill both ways, just to put my Carlisle order in the fax machine. Tanks God, as my grandmother used to say, that the order history on the website only goes back to the 2011 offer of 2009 wines. Otherwise, I would scare even myself.

You know how people always ask, “Oh, you’re a wine collector. Do you have a lot of wine?” My response is, "everything is relative, it depends on your definition of “a lot.” After they give me their definition, my response is usually, “I have that much Carlisle all by itself.” I guess I’ll have to turn over some Carlisle inventory at BF 10.2, or else Mike is going to complain to me (again) that I need to drink more Carlisle so there is room to buy more.

PS - I was allocated 40 bottles, which I think is down from a peak of 48 a few years ago.

[cheers.gif]