TNR - 2015 Chave St. Joseph

Anyone have this yet? Would love some feedback.

A bit of a miss in my opinion, especially at the going rate. It’s a bit chunky, from what I remember. The 2011 was brilliant but the subsequent vintages haven’t been to that level.

For what it’s worth, the Clos Florentin wasn’t too compelling at the price either.

How does he seem to consistently underwhelm with the St Joseph? Does he have a subpar plot or something? Or is is just A case of it costs twice as much as it should?

I concur with Adrian. That said, I also had it after sharing a full bottle of the very excellent 2012 Hermitage with a buddy during dinner with our spouses. They didn’t want any red and I felt horrible about that.

Am I the only one that finds this bottling a bit woody? I’m generally not a huge fan.

Have to disagree with everyone above (with the caveat that the last time I tried it was Nov 2018). I though it was a beautiful wine, deep and intense, and a very good performance in what can be a bit of an oversized vintage. I have a sense this bottle won’t really close down in any way, so you could probably drink one now.

Interesting. I thought the 12 Hermitage was a wine in search of its soul. While good, it seems to miss a distinctive personality, which Chave vintages like 11, 13, and 14 all have.

2 disagreements in a row, one more and you are DTM!

[wow.gif]

You people need to listen to me!

Listening is dead at retail.

I’ll help a little.
I like the '12.
[berserker.gif]

Apparently two disagreements is cause for DTM. You have one chance left, be very careful. Or make it a good one :wink: [cheers.gif]