Print version of WA: Dead

I have not been following all 213 posts on the thread concerning the demise of the Wine Advocate bulletin board, but today the WA informed me that the print version of the WA is dead, effective immediately.
Phil Jones

Deleted.

Killing the print version is truly a sign of the time having been passed because it was on hand in most retail wine shops in NYC at one point. The owners liked to know what scores where when placing orders.

I guess w/out Bob, nobody really cares any more. The distributor just give you a shelf talker with the highest points they can find. Too many critics to learn who is who and you can always find a 93 point review.

I think that’s a sign that paper/mail distribution is a dinosaur unless you want pretty pictures with your ads.

You called?

LOL

i had to look at the date of this post. haven’t been a subscriber for maybe 15 years, but i would never have fathomed they were still mailing out printed versions. that’s just wasteful.

+1 [cheers.gif]

[rofl.gif]

Of course, those guys are no better than “a $5 whore.”

Similar to Squires board the print version of WA has been dead for some time. This is just them acknowledging it.

+2

Lol, you phuckers are on a roll!!!

Maybe being reborn ??