Joseph Colin

Has anyone tested these yet ?

I tasted the 2017 St Aubin en Remilly and thought is was very good.

Looking forward to trying some, good to hear Suzanne, thanks.

Mike

The new hot up and comer from the Colin/St Aubin lineage. Probably going to get a lot of crickets here on this question. No one wants to give up secrets… [friends.gif]

There was some discussion earlier this year: Joseph Colin - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

The 2017s showed well when I looked at them at the end of last year.

There were a lot of his wines on Le Soufflot’s list when I was there a few days ago but they were not any cheaper than PYCM’s so I opted for the latter.

William,

Off the thread topic. Have you tried any of Pierre Girardin’s wines yet?

Gus

Not yet, but have seen the fancy new winery under construction in Meursault! Will be planning to visit when I look at 2018s from barrel and 2017s from bottle in the Côte d’Or, beginning after harvest and through until mid-December.

Thanks all.

Great to hear! Steen had a great write up on his wines a few weeks ago. I have a mixed case of his wines arriving in Atlanta soon and looking forward to trying them.

Ilkka -

Which day were you at Le Soufflot? I ate there with my wife and boys on Friday night July 5 and for lunch with my wife on Monday July 8. Loved that wine list…and the food was delicious as well.

Martin Steinley sells them. I haven’t tasted them.

Close! We dined there on the 10th and absolutely loved the place. Felt somewhat envious of a group of five Swedish youngsters who were confidently emptying bottles from the likes of Coche, PYCM, Raveneau etc.

Does Joseph Colin still make wines for his father? If so, is there a reason to buy his wines when, at least locally, Marc Colin wines are cheaper?

Hi Howard -

My understanding is that Joseph followed his older brother’s path by peeling off some vineyards from his father, and focuses on these wines. He left his younger siblings (Caroline & Damien) to run Domaine Marc Colin. At least that’s what this article says…

Blair,

Thank you very much. Very interesting.