TN: '67 Produttori, '96 Jadot Ursules

A little rose amber color that darkens some in between the initial decant and drinking it that evening. This is fully mature, but in a spot that I love. Rose petals, dark cherry fruit, with a ferrous and meaty streak. This has fruit, but plenty of savory that blends beuaitufllyp to come to a greater whole. Sappy and broad on the palate, yet with an effortlessness and ease to drinking it, with excellent inner perfume: dried rose petals and finishing with some bouillon and umami notes on the back end. I love this phase of nebbiolo. Rich and expansive, yet graceful and still with a lift to it. Drinking for me still at peak. I cannot imagine it getting better than it is but this bottle is humming along nicely. Lovely and a solid showing. I really like the '67 Produttoris. 93 (93 pts.)

• 1996 Louis Jadot Beaune 1er Cru Clos des Ursules Domaine des Héritiers Louis Jadot - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Beaune 1er Cru (6/5/2019)
    Still somewhat closed and brooding at first. Eventually florals, youthful dark pinot fruit, violet, and a little sweet tart on the nose. This unfurls with time in the glass to reveal a powerful and graceful wine. The palate expands, with more fruit, earth, florals, and perfume, all delivered with with sap and density. This is a structured, vertical pinot but is equally harmonious in a somewhat stern but not cistercian way. It’s still youthful with a ferrous background to the deep fruit. There is ample acidity, but not shrill, and for a wine of this structure from '96, I think very good things are going to happen in the next decade plus when I suspect it will really hit its stride. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

A couple wines that I think punch way above their weight for both complexity and ageworthiness. The Jadot is just entering it’s peak drinking window, and has decades to go I suspect. Well stored older Produttori offer so much joy at a very fair tariff. This was another excellent showing for a '67 Produttori. I still have a hard time thinking of another red wine producer that produces such quality ageworthy wines at such fair pricing. Bravo!

Thanks for reading

Two very nice wines Todd. Thanks for the notes.

I saw the two 93 point scores and thought you might be like that strange man than gives everything 93 points. Quite disconcerting.

Me to, i Had to Stroll back to the top to check the posters ID

Very annoying it is.

Excellent notes, Todd and two very nice wines.
I have been through several of the '96 Ursules, and it continues to come along nicely with much in reserve as you say. Very good wine for the level. Per usual with that bottling. Cheers.