TN: 2014 Ceritas Pinot Noir Hacienda Secoya Vineyard

Ceritas gets a lot of good press on their Chardonnay but IMO the Pinot Noirs are every bit as good. Like the chards they come from some of the premiere vineyards in Northern California. They are also complex and age very well. At dinner a few nights ago:

2014 Ceritas Pinot Noir Hacienda Secoya Vineyard: From a vineyard deep in the Anderson Valley close to the town of Navarro. Upon opening the wine had a powerful raspberry, berry, coffee nose with hints of basil. The flavors are black cherry raspberry fruit, savory herbal notes and spice add support to the fruit. Lots of mouthwatering acidity (a trademark in all of John’s wines) with mild but present tannins on the finish. Still rather primary with impeccable balance. Very tasty with a HUGE MEAN Pork Chop :slight_smile:. It’s perfectly OK to open one now but you will get only a glimpse of whats to come down the road. If you have a few I would open one every 3-4 years to see the development.

At the recent Ceritas Pick Up John mentioned that he was dropping the Hacienda Secoya Vineyard from the portfolio. I did not get a chance to ask why.

Tom

2014 Ceritas Pinot Noir Hacienda Secoya Vineyard
IMG_20190705_194056.jpg
HUGE Pork Chop
IMG_20190705_202413.jpg

Thanks for the note. Some killer juice, its just hard to sit them down for a few years…

Holy moly, Tom, that pork chop looks amazing.

BFPC, for sure!

Love Ceritas. I agree it’s hard to wait on them! [cheers.gif]

Chop??? Try hindquarter…

Ceritas (chard and pinot) always goes well with so many types of food and yes they are hard to resist.

That pork chop was a perfect medium, juicy and flavorful. Ate till stuffed and still had dinner for the next day [cheers.gif]

Tom